Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the fence gathering all the info I could...and have decided to pull the trigger on a new Viking. I sold both of my Grizzlies last week and, before I start throwing numbers out there, I was wondering what sort of prices you all were getting them for?

I see some of the "new" hype has come down a bit and there are several dealers advertising under MSRP.

In short...I'm looking to see what kind of OTD pricing Folks are getting these for??

Thanks,
M-N-T

·
Registered
139 Posts
Green Viking non-eps with no accessories out the door price $10,999.00 and not a penny more.

(Southwest Missouri Dealer)

Good luck

·
Registered
854 Posts
Have you tried calling some of the dealers around you?
I know some might not be as likely to give you a good price over the phone but it's a good start.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried calling some of the dealers around you?
I know some might not be as likely to give you a good price over the phone but it's a good start.
Yep, I did talk to a couple...and they are a bit tight lipped. Here in So-Cal they are not moving very well at all. In fact, there is one dealer here that has not been able to move a singe unit yet. Most of the people here use their UTV's for the desert and were looking for more of a sport model...not much hunting and farming in San Diego.
Anyways, they have indicated they are willing to deal....but I'm not sure on where to start?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I know my dealer has sold about 8 Vikings that I'm aware of. If you look on ebay there are some new ones for sale, I seen a camo, think it's no eps, it's 11,049 with setup fee

·
Registered
290 Posts
you going EPS or non EPS? do the math on that as well, I mean if you go non EPS and end up wanting EPS figure out how much it will cost to install a power steering setup aftermarket.

Viking2k14 set his up that way...

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did drive one with and then one without EPS. Although the EPS model was nice, IMO it wasn't $1,000 nice. I'm going for a red non-EPS model

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.

Went to a couple of the local dealers and the best I've found so far is $12,000 out the door. I think I can do a little better...so I've thrown some counter offers out there. I'll post back when/if I hear anything else

Anybody else have any OTD numbers they could share?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I got the first Viking my dealer got in back at the end of July, so i paid MSRP. Good luck. If dealers on eBay can sell them for cheaper, so should a local dealer i would think.

·
Registered
170 Posts
$12670.00 out the door, Camo with Power steering
+ I get at least 10% of any accessory for my Viking, Boat, etc.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That doesn't sound to bad

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Second update....

Received several call-backs last night and here are some numbers.

#1. Two separate dealers have indicated that "dealer cost" is $10,753. I found this interesting because these dealers were over 100 miles apart...yet both told me the same number?

#2. There is some indication that there might also be a 2 or 3 percent "holdback" from the factory.

#3. I checked E-bay and, a few days ago, there was a blue (no-top, non-EPS) model listed at $9,799. However, when you read the fine print, there are additional charges ($298 freight, $59 doc...and you still need to add tax for your area) The cheapest one on E-bay today (red/green non-EPS) is $10,825 pus fees...which brings the total to $11,149 plus tax. This is only if you pick it up at this dealership. You would still be responsible for shipping to your location.

So far, for me, the two best deals are: (Red/Green non-EPS)
#1. $11,900 OTD
#2. $12,000 OTD w/15% off all accessories and service.

At this point, some of the numbers some of you have indicated seem pretty amazing. Maybe there was no tax for your area...or their flooring cost were getting too high and they just dumped them at a loss? Anyway, deer season is a LONG ways out, and my first scouting trip isn't until July....so time is on my side. As I said before, they are not moving well at all in this area...so I may have to just wait until someone needs to dump one?

I'm going to keep bargaining, and will share more info as I get it.

M-N-T

·
Registered
464 Posts
I got mine in October and got a camo eps and paid 12849 otd that's with tax in Florida and I could have got a green non eps for 11400 otd those are the exact numbers I was given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Lilbigtonka!

That actually sounds about right. You are closer to the factory and would have paid a bit less shipping...and the San Diego tax rate is a little higher.
So...your numbers pretty much line up with what I'm hearing here.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is not a lot of margin in any ATV,UTV, snowmobile. You will do better to get them to give you a decent % off accessories. If you are really good get a large discount on an initial order and a % off for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The $10,999 I paid for a green non eps in Missouri does not include sales tax. As by Missouri law if you are going to use the Viking for farm purposes, there is no tax. Thank goodness I own a few acres and do use the Viking on the property.:D

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final update...

Well...after throwing several counter offers out there, I got responses from a few dealers. Most of them were still WAY too high...but still claiming they were only making $100...bla, bla, bla. Then I got a very favorable quote from a dealer about an hour away. Called him back and fine tuned the numbers a bit....and I am now the proud Owner of a new shiny red Viking!!!!! :D

Funny thing was, after I purchased it, I got yet another call from one of the higher priced dealers (almost $1,100 higher) and he indicated he might be able to bend a little more. That's when I told him I was already towing one home....and had paid the price that I had offered. (that was kinda fun!)

For anyone looking to purchase in southern California, I would highly recommend Mission Motorsports in Irvine. (Ask for Bobby). This was painless!

After it was all said and done, I paid $11,700 OTD. This included all fees and California sales tax (I think it's 8.25%?) That also included an additional year on the warranty and 10% off all accessories.

I want to thank all of you for the info you offered. It REALLY helped in my negotiations! I seriously had quotes that ranged $1,400 between the high and low. Seeing the great deals some of you got...I just stuck to my guns, and it worked!

Now....let the mods begin! I've already received my winch from Moto Alliance! My wife and daughter want to know when the heater is going in :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!

Don
AKA: Mass-n-Trash

Reactions: vixx

·
Registered
464 Posts
Congrats man now let the mods begin and that is a good price nothing to be ashamed of there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrads Don, you're gonna love it. Let the mods begin for sure!!!

Wish i could have got a better deal, but like i said, mine was the first the dealer go, so they wasnt budging off msrp.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts