Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice a rattle coming from their seat belt lowering hooks? Been driving me nuts...... Sometimes it's the simple fixes that work the best....

Here's the hook as Yamaha had it.....

Here's after the fix.....

I added a short piece of foam pipe insulation between the hook and its mount......

We'll see how that works next time I get to take the Viking out.... It's too cold now (for me).... But looks like it'll work....

Daryl

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats a GREAT idea!!! Ive noticed the rattle aswell, and i have not done anything about it. But i will soon.

Just another thing, i was doing some yard work the other day, and was earing plugs while i was running a backpack blower, Left them in when i went for a ride in the Viking, man, was that nice, may start that as a habit, just made it more pleaseent to drive.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great idea and a really easy and cheap fix. Thanks for posting! Definitely will keep this in mind for when I get my Viking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Simple fixes are the elegance of life! whats next, oiling the rotors? haha...

You guys are awesome...what a list of smooth fixes.... by the 6 moth anniversary, this thing will be bug free for less than $500.00! who else can say that?

Thanks all contributors,

(nice work Blue Wolf!!)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have that stuff by the yard if anyone needs some.... Send me a self addressed stamped envelope, and I'll send it back to you with three pieces in it....

Duck Creek Design
10478 114 Rd
Wright KS 67882

·
Registered
107 Posts
The foam kept tearing as I would tighten the bolts. I found a 10 pack of hose gaskets at home depot for $2. They fit perfect! Its amazing how much racket those seat belts make!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The foam kept tearing as I would tighten the bolts. I found a 10 pack of hose gaskets at home depot for $2. They fit perfect! Its amazing how much racket those seat belts make!
I did the same thing today. Thanks for the tip. Perfect fit. 5 minute job. Seat belt chatter gone! Like night and day.

Sent from my iPad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts