Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what everyone that keep the stock tires are running for psi in them. Don't want to be in the middle of no where and blow a bead. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Ive got the same tires, but in 28s, but i run about 14 in the fronts/ 16 in the rears, if ir emember right, if you look online, it seems most people run tires on the low side.

I asked the same question when i got my new tires, but never got straight anwser or a response at all. And if there was a reply, they are all different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im stuck with the stock size. If I go bigger it wont fit in my toy hauler.. Dam Prowlers and their rear beds that done move. I believe I have 12 psi in front and rear.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I think that would be fine, if all else fails, call up the dealer and ask.

I want to get some bigger tires for my Outlander sometime another, and will probally ask the same question on the canam forum im on with the same results, lol.

·
Administrator
1,796 Posts
There is a sticker inside the machine telling you the tire pressure

The stock tires are not standard BH 2.0's. The fronts are a 2 ply, and the rear are a 4ply. Maxxis made these tires for oem's and are not the same if you bought them outside of Yamaha Polaris or the like. They would be 6ply.... I think its BS!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I had heard that before, regarding the oem tires where not not as good as the ones they sale places, far as ply rating goes. But didnt even think about it when I got my 28" 2.0s. Glad i know no they are tougher than the stockers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
2 ply fronts---that is BS......a friggen blade of grass could puncture a 2 ply.

I can't go much taller myself as I only have about 2 inches clearance on my enclosed trailer

Joe

There is a sticker inside the machine telling you the tire pressure

The stock tires are not standard BH 2.0's. The fronts are a 2 ply, and the rear are a 4ply. Maxxis made these tires for oem's and are not the same if you bought them outside of Yamaha Polaris or the like. They would be 6ply.... I think its BS!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
could you go with some 26" tires? Only thing is though, gotta be careful ordering tires online, cause some measure more or less than what the say they are.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No problem!! YW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts