Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while going over some logs that my machine doesn't seem to have much power. However go out accross ny field 50 mph is no problem. I don't get it.i have a shifter issue and in neutral the machine goes in reverse. I cannot get it into low gear at all. Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Sounds like the locking ring on your shift linkage came off under the dash, if it ever had 1

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
If your climbing over logs it needs to be in low range, which you don't have

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Let us know what you find. I remember someone else having this issue. I believe they explained the fix in their post.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My neutral out of wake a little. I think it's just a cable adjustment. Got to be between high and neutral to start up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My neutral out of wake a little. I think it's just a cable adjustment. Got to be between high and neutral to start up.

Good morning Whitewind. Not sure if you are aware of this but your Viking will start in any gear position as long as you have your foot on the brake pedal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yamaguy

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I sat on my driveway with my new can am outlander, unable to start it for 20 minutes. Called the dealer asking what could be wrong as I had only owned it for 3 hours. Turns out the key fit both ways but will only work when inserted the correct way.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Reactions: WhiteWind

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I sat on my driveway with my new can am outlander, unable to start it for 20 minutes. Called the dealer asking what could be wrong as I had only owned it for 3 hours. Turns out the key fit both ways but will only work when inserted the correct way.
I'm trying to sell my 2011 to get a new Max, had it for sale for about a week, nothing, ,,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts