Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I am looking into getting a plow for my 2018 Viking. I have two rural houses to plow, with longish 800 foot driveways. Is the Viking up to the task?

I do have a pickup w/plow available for the really wet heavy snowfalls. It's kind of a hassle though as it's kept off-site, whereas I color copy by 55 printing can keep the Viking in my garage.

I am thinking of the Boss or Western V-Plows, mainly because I am getting old and I can see how the v-plow would save time and labor with cleaning up windrows. Are the v-plows too big for the Vikings?

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
A lot of us plow with our Vikings. They work just fine. Just make sure you buy an ATV plow made for your model. I have plowed a lot with my Motoalliance Denali Pro over 6 years. It is battered and bent but still works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use a poly blade with the outer edges that curve in and works great for getting rid of windrows.it also angles manually

·
Registered
6 Posts
Motoalliance 66" Denali Pro works awesome, super easy mounting hardware, heavy duty build, well worth the few extra bucks. Motoalliance on ebay list really good deals on them once in a while too. I live in NJ and didn't get to use mine this winter but its always ready to hook up and push snow.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I'd be curious to try a v-blade if one existed for the viking.

I use the warn 72" - manual adjust. It does fine but sometimes the snow gets to be a bit too heavy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do my 25yd drive, and then my neighbors, and then his neighbors, and then the 1/4 mile entrance road into our acreage development, and then , well, I stop for a beer at the neighbors down the road, and then do the other 5 driveways, Takes me about an hr to do it all, less stops. I only go out if the snow is over 10cm(4") and sometimes if I take too much of a bite it does bog down some, but she never stops. Of course all the time its in Low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I am looking into getting a plow for my 2018 Viking. I have two rural houses to plow, with longish 800 foot driveways. Is the Viking up to the task?

I do have a pickup w/plow available for the really wet heavy snowfalls. It's kind of a hassle though as it's kept off-site, whereas I color copy by 55 printing can keep the Viking in my garage.

I am thinking of the Boss or Western V-Plows, mainly because I am getting old and I can see how the v-plow would save time and labor with cleaning up windrows. Are the v-plows too big for the Vikings?

Any thoughts??
I have the warn setup for the Viking and it is not very rugged, mount bends vert easily. As for the machine, almost unstoppable plowing 8” of snow uphill on my 600’ drive way

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
I do my 25yd drive, and then my neighbors, and then his neighbors, and then the 1/4 mile entrance road into our acreage development, and then , well, I stop for a beer at the neighbors down the road, and then do the other 5 driveways,
Wow you deserve the good citizen award this year lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts