Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At dealer this afternoon. Told me yamaha doesn't have the plow ironed out for viking.? Trade there many times however puzzled about his answer.
Please help. Not buying one without winch and plow.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy one from MotoAllaince, they are a member here too, several folks on here have there Plows, and love them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Motoalliance is great!!!

Just installed my Denali Standard Plow last night. It was super easy to put together and works very easily. Bought mine on ebay, super prices!!! Can be used with any brand of winch and if your looking for a winch mount, the EMP brand worked great. Attached is my Viking with winch & plow.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks bad to the bone! How do those OEM tires handle the work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, I haven't pushed any snow yet, but they handled the weight without issue. I have seen others on this sight who have gone to bigger tires and wheels, and stuck with the same style tire just in a bigger size. Very impressed with the Viking's stock tire choice. Sure beat the old crappy tires I got on my last Honda atv.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I currently have two grizzly 700's. One has maxxis big horn white letter. The other has Bearclaws. The Maxxis are good all around tire. The Bearclaws are wicked awesome and churn up just about every terrain except concrete!

·
Registered
139 Posts
72" Denali Standard Series Plow for Yamaha Viking | eBay

MotoAlliance has posted another 0.99 cent auction on Ebay for their standard 72" plow assembly and mounting kit for the Viking. If your looking for a deal, this could be the way to go. The last auctions reserve price was $399.99, which is what I bought it for. If your considering a plow this may be the very best place to get the very best price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Customized the front plastic skid plate today (Cut it so it could be reinstalled with plow mount). I will post pics later today. It was very easy, only catch is to make sure you cut holes in the bottom to go over bolt heads from plow mount (hole saw on my drill worked great, and you need a slightly longer bolt for the rear mounting holes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh yea, as soon as the next snow falls, I get a video and pics. We had 10 inches last week and it is all melted away now (Typical of Southwest Missouri).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Customized the front plastic skid plate today (Cut it so it could be reinstalled with plow mount). I will post pics later today. It was very easy, only catch is to make sure you cut holes in the bottom to go over bolt heads from plow mount (hole saw on my drill worked great, and you need a slightly longer bolt for the rear mounting holes.
here is a pic. Trimmed it a bit higher than I needed to up front, but was worried about the arms of the plow hitting it in full up position.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
will try to post pics of mine with cycle country plow, have always used cycle country (Rhino, Kodiak, Timberwolf) yes Timberwolf, way back in the mid 90's, just scraped 3" and plowed 10" a week or so ago. 72" blade lifts about 2' with no problem. I do my 150' driveway and neighbors 400' plus playing at a few others. also just got back from putting out a couple trail cameras to see which bucks made it through, did not take plow off, plenty of support and clearance. just my 3 cents worth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
HEY, i had a Timberwolf, my grandpa had a Timberwolf, they where fun at the time, lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
6-10 inches of snow expected overnight.

Planning/Hoping to put plow to work tomorrow. Will try to get pics, video, and a review posted. Wish me luck...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Good luck!!!!!

No snow here!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok, so we got about 5-6 inches of snow and the Denali plow handled it like a champ. I did my mom n dads drive and 1/2 mile road, my drive, my neighbors drive, my road, and my friends road. This Denali plow and the viking are a pushing machine together. The plow was perfectly angled to push snow and to watch the snow roll out of the plow was AWESOME.

I took a couple of videos, but the -15 windchills played **** on my smart phone so the quality is not too good. I am trying now to figure out how to post the video. So here is a pic from the video till I get this all figured out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Very nice, sure glad i dont have to worry about getting one!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts