Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it this morning, hope it works out good for dust blocking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, no problem, and will do that for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good....VERY interested in how this works!
Thanks, me too.

I really like it, my only concern was that its not sealed up to the roof, so i suppose dust could come up between the space under the roof and above the roll cage, but not sure how thats gonna work, but should be alot better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think sometime another we are gonna remove it from the roll cage, and install some snaps on on the roof, and window, and snap it to the roof, then they'll be no gap there, somebody on here i think told me they did the same, or had there dealer do it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, I got out today and put about 30 miles in the Ozarks Hills today. I ran mine and we had a demo camo yamaha with eps, and front n rear yamaha windshields. The rear window worked great and did keep a lot of crap from blowing in from the back. The "vortex" as I have heard people on here call it is completely eliminated.

This demo also had the heavy bed mat. I can say I do believe this unit was somewhat quieter than mine especially at low speeds. But, once I stepped on the throttle it seemed about the same.

I found the eps to be nearly unnoticable and was glad I did not spend the extra money.

We rode some very rough and steep terrain and on the downhills I found I really liked the engine braking. Even though I really dislike it on level ground. I have attached a couple pics from today. The Viking worked flawlessly and we had a ton of fun.:D

Attachments

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I got out today and put about 30 miles in the Ozarks Hills today. I ran mine and we had a demo camo yamaha with eps, and front n rear yamaha windshields. The rear window worked great and did keep a lot of crap from blowing in from the back. The "vortex" as I have heard people on here call it is completely eliminated.

This demo also had the heavy bed mat. I can say I do believe this unit was somewhat quieter than mine especially at low speeds. But, once I stepped on the throttle it seemed about the same.

I found the eps to be nearly unnoticable and was glad I did not spend the extra money.

We rode some very rough and steep terrain and on the downhills I found I really liked the engine braking. Even though I really dislike it on level ground. I have attached a couple pics from today. The Viking worked flawlessly and we had a ton of fun.:D
Thanks for the pics, and thanks for the great info, I greatly appreciate it. Ive never drove a EPS equipped Viking, but mine didnt come with it. Saved about 500 bucks buying the EPS kit from Super ATV, and i really like it. I wanted EPS, just didn't want to spend the extra 1k at the time to get it, and make my monthly note more $$$. Maybe the Super ATV kit is easier to steer than the Yamaha EPS, cause i noticed a very noticeable difference.

Far as the Windshields go, thats great stuff, and im glad the rear window does a real good job. Im really happy with the look and quality of it. I dont do alot of dust riding right now, i dont have any place to ride at the moment other than the back woods and around the neighborhood. But around March, I'll be getting back on a hunting club at the end of the street, not to hunt, but to have somewhere to ride, i'll have ton of miles to ride around on back logging roads, etc.Then i can really get out and enjoy the Viking.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
That's GREAT to know! I was worried that I would look like a dust bunny by the time a got back into my hunting areas. (sometimes 10 miles). Not to mention how I was going to try to protect my gear.

THANKS for the update! You guys have no idea how much this info helps those of us getting ready to jump in.

THANKS AGAIN!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I havn't drove in a real dusty area yet, but while cruiseing around, seems like i feel air coming from the area behind me under the roof, where its not closed off. I plan on fixing that, i ordered some of the fabric the Yamaha rear panel is made of, and gonna get some Industrial Grade Velcro, and completely cover that area to the best of my ability. So we'll see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts