Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up our new Viking last week in time for some Easter weekend fun.

At the dealer, before bringing it to our property. Got the front and rear bumpers, bed mat and Warn winch with synthetic line.

Didn't notice it at the time, but can you see the missing part? Hint---roof

Its new home.

Still lots of deep snow in the trees.

The boys sure like it!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It dragged some trees out of the bush with ease and only got stuck in the really deep snow. Had to test the winch a couple times but nothing too major. My shoulder is messed up, so driving one handed was easy with the power steering.

Its definitely on the loud side, so I will be doing some of the sound mods. Still wasn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Looks like you're already havin' fun! Remember...don't work it too hard until you've gone through the recommended break-in.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Crazy that you still have that much snow where you are living. Easter weekend here in Toronto had some really nice spring weather.

Good to hear that your Viking was capable of getting through all that snow though without any new tires or tracks or anything.

Will you be using the Viking more for recreation or work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will you be using the Viking more for recreation or work?
I'm thinking 60/40 in favor of work. It lives on our recreation property, but we have other toys for play.

Its crazy the amount of snow we have this year. We got 6 inches on Friday, and its supposed to snow more this week. Easter is always the first time we have friends and family out for the weekend and this is the most snow anyone can remember. It'll melt fast once we get some steady warm temps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you ever get tracks for it for going through snow like that?
Quite possibly. I've got a couple other vehicles that can handle deep snow better then the Viking. I plan on building a cabin eventually, so it would be nice to have a tracked Viking to plow the road.

The Jeep

And Frank

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks great, congrads!!!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Quite possibly. I've got a couple other vehicles that can handle deep snow better then the Viking. I plan on building a cabin eventually, so it would be nice to have a tracked Viking to plow the road.

The Jeep

And Frank
Is that a winch on the front of the truck....or a boat anchor hoist from the Titanic :eek: Dang...that should get you out of pretty much any trouble you could get into!

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
Looks great, thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that a winch on the front of the truck....or a boat anchor hoist from the Titanic :eek: Dang...that should get you out of pretty much any trouble you could get into!
Its a Warn 9000. When that truck gets stuck, it gets really stuck! Has come in handy lots.

·
Administrator
194 Posts
I picked up our new Viking last week in time for some Easter weekend fun.

At the dealer, before bringing it to our property. Got the front and rear bumpers, bed mat and Warn winch with synthetic line.

Didn't notice it at the time, but can you see the missing part? Hint---roof

Its new home.

Still lots of deep snow in the trees.

The boys sure like it!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It dragged some trees out of the bush with ease and only got stuck in the really deep snow. Had to test the winch a couple times but nothing too major. My shoulder is messed up, so driving one handed was easy with the power steering.

Its definitely on the loud side, so I will be doing some of the sound mods. Still wasn't too bad.
Looks like you had a great easter weekend Abangler

I'm throwing this up on the homepage ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts