Viking Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for now I think my mods are pretty complete, and, so far I am liking it so much more than my RMAX!!
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Looks great!

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, The Rmax was really nice handling, super loud in the cab, almost too much suspension it felt like, 100% made to go super fast over anything, man, Im 59 years old, this rig is way better for an old guy like me. When my wife and I went out(we live way out in the bush so we use these a lot) we could hardly hear each other in the Rmax. I also had a Polaris Ranger 1000 XP, lots of power but poor handling and way too many rattles and squeaks,plus blown shocks and broken parts, Viking does the same job but fun to drive, we wont even get into the Polaris General I had........Rmax was a Cadillac compared to it!!!

Really like this rig, bought the two year extended YAMAHA warranty with it as well

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Plant Window Vehicle

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
So did you sell the Rmax or still have it also?

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Your Viking looks terrific! Glad to hear that you're happy with the change. If you're into casual trail cruising, try disconnecting the sway bar on the rear suspension. It makes quite a difference in the ride as your suspension will articulate better.

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your Viking looks terrific! Glad to hear that you're happy with the change. If you're into casual trail cruising, try disconnecting the sway bar on the rear suspension. It makes quite a difference in the ride as your suspension will articulate better.
Thanks MN, is that tough to do? Btw, what are the seats from in yours, also, did you leave the middle seat in so you still take three when you want to

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
257 Posts
Thanks MN, is that tough to do? Btw, what are the seats from in yours, also, did you leave the middle seat in so you still take three when you want to
Disconnecting the sway bar is as simple as removing a couple of nuts. You can zip tie the sway bar up out of the way so you can test it out. I removed mine completely after a month or so.

My seats our from a Yamaha YXZ. They mount right to the Viking seat frames with just a few bolts. They are significantly more comfortable than the stock ones. I still have the middle stock seat in there as my wife and I haul my 8 yr old to the bus every day. For trail riding, I sometimes wish I had a console as it's typically just my son and I.

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Disconnecting the sway bar is as simple as removing a couple of nuts. You can zip tie the sway bar up out of the way so you can test it out. I removed mine completely after a month or so.

My seats our from a Yamaha YXZ. They mount right to the Viking seat frames with just a few bolts. They are significantly more comfortable than the stock ones. I still have the middle stock seat in there as my wife and I haul my 8 yr old to the bus every day. For trail riding, I sometimes wish I had a console as it's typically just my son and I.
Thanks for the info!! Did you buy the seats from yamaha, or used?

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice ride! I bought a new Honda Talon last year, same issues..very noisy and not as comfortable for a 50 something big guy. I ride my Viking 90% of the time and let my kids ride the Honda.
Ya exact same deal, i cant believe how much better i like this than my others! I also use it around our property, we are on 22 acres in the woods, it rides and works way better than my polaris 1000 ranger XP

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
When you go to remove the sway bar links you need to insert a hex key in them to keep it from moving. It took me a while to figure that out.

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you go to remove the sway bar links you need to insert a hex key in them to keep it from moving. It took me a while to figure that out.
Thanks BM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts