Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the idea for a little bit and finally had some time to build it. It holds two 6x9's and a 10" sub. Sounds awesome and is super clear even at full speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
Good stuff!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice! Seriously considering this. Looking to upgrade my amplifier. If I can get the sound I'm looking for out of my tower speakers with the new amp, I'll build the box just for the amp and small subs. Any suggestions on a good 8 or 10" marine sub?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Seriously considering this. Looking to upgrade my amplifier. If I can get the sound I'm looking for out of my tower speakers with the new amp, I'll build the box just for the amp and small subs. Any suggestions on a good 8 or 10" marine sub?

I can send you some pics of how I mounted it if you need it was a pretty simple build and install. As for a marine sub I am not sure. But honestly I don't see it every getting real wet. Maybe a splash when washing but that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have had a design similar to that in my head for most of the summer but have never gotten around to putting it together.....kind of helps that the old guy next door is a retired wood pattern maker so he can do anything with wood in his shop. just need to get him motivated after i get myself motivated lol. i was wanting to go as big as i can on the sub since i have seen some low profiles ones out there and never really have anyone in the center seat so thought i could drop it down a little in center but want it angled out on the side of the sub so i dont crack my head on it from the side. If i can draw it out he can build it for sure...wanting radio, LED's and all built in so all i need to do is run power up to it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a couple of the Pioneer shallow mount subs in my old truck and they were awesome. I am planning on picking one up the one I have now was more for mockup purposes.

·
Super Moderator
4,132 Posts
^^^^Wow that's a great job!!!!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
wow, thats awesome!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can send you some pics of how I mounted it if you need it was a pretty simple build and install. As for a marine sub I am not sure. But honestly I don't see it every getting real wet. Maybe a splash when washing but that's it.

Yeah, if you could post some up that would be great!

·
Registered
477 Posts
That white one would be the ticket but i don't believe i could pull off the fiberglass job to make it look like that nice....have watched them make speaker boxes on some of those pimp my ride shows on tv and they make it look easy but I'm sure if i tried it it would be a big mess. Could build the box and take it to one of those custom audio places and have them cover it i suppose but there goes the cheap economical route.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thought about building my own how r y’all mounting the box to the top
I’m send a photo of my setup when I get home today. Cheers

·
Registered
986 Posts

Used lightbar mounts 1.5” to the roll bar. Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts