Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading the installation instructions for my Yamaha/SSV overhead radio. I noticed it said to hook it up directly to the battery. Does this unit stay on when you turn off the vehicle? I has hoping it turned on when started(switched). Has anyone hooked it up that way? I have tried calling the SSV customer service line and just got a recording.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Its been awhile since i installed it, but I think i wired mine that way, i dont even need the key in it, just go out sometimes, and hit the power button on the radio, and jam.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been awhile since i installed it, but I think i wired mine that way, i dont even need the key in it, just go out sometimes, and hit the power button on the radio, and jam.
Has the battery ever gone dead? That is one of my worries, that if I forget to turn it off it will drain the battery. Does this unit draw a lot of power?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Never drained the battery, I try to always double check I turned it off. But no issues this far. I don't think it draws a lot of juice, but never actually checked. I keep my iPod in it, that's all I use. I always gotta turn it off and then the unit itself. The radio doesn't pick up but station, and it's not even the local ones.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have had mine on pretty loud for up to an hour at a time and have never had any issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I had my radio and speakers(ones at the feet) on for over 3 hours, on loud because I was working near it. It started with no problems. I guess I worried for nothing, it really is a nice accessory

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stankier - Not trying to highjack your thread but you've made me think! That's dangerous in it's own right!

I have the (2) gun roof mount on my " V " and was wondering if there was an alternative to what SSV offer's? I've email Greg and have asked the same question. I'm not thrilled to mount anything below dash level but, would like to have some " Tunes".

Thanks for rattling my brain.......I think :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stankier - Not trying to highjack your thread but you've made me think! That's dangerous in it's own right!

I have the (2) gun roof mount on my " V " and was wondering if there was an alternative to what SSV offer's? I've email Greg and have asked the same question. I'm not thrilled to mount anything below dash level but, would like to have some " Tunes".

Thanks for rattling my brain.......I think :)
I will take a picture tomorrow and post it so you can see how much of an area it takes up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts