Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering how many other people have made the switch. I liked my Ranger 700 XP but I couldn't keep it running. Anybody else switch over and why? What are the things you liked better about the Polaris Ranger and what are the things you like better about the Viking?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had a 2013 RZR XP900 It was fast and handled great, the suspension and steering were amazing....Very poor build quality and questionable design flaws. for example to check the engine oil dipstick you had to remove the drivers seat and firewall. ball joints wear very quickly, easy to break axles, front differential, and reverse chain all kind of light duty IMO, cramped drivers position and expensive parts. built with cheap self tapping screws instead of proper nuts, bolts and threaded components.

Viking. Handles and drives good but not great, suspension is OK but not great. SUPER RELIABLE, better build quality, fairly easy maintenance, most parts are reasonably priced. Nice toy and useful around the ranch.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yea my brother had an 09 700xp and to be honest, it outperformed my viking in certain areas...the only problem is he was constantly replacing ball joints, ties rod ends, and wheel bearings..

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yea my brother had an 09 700xp and to be honest, it outperformed my viking in certain areas...the only problem is he was constantly replacing ball joints, ties rod ends, and wheel bearings..
that can get expensive and even frustrating... all that time away from having fun

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All my problems have been electrical other than normal wear items. I am just hoping that the electrical issues don't follow me to my Viking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello from Louisiana
Lemon 2010 800 with engine out for second time in twelve months.
Will sell with busted engine, can't justify any more money.Will replace in September tax free weekend with Viking. Like everything on Viking. Little concerned about turning in yard and cutting up grass. But if thats as bad as it gets, ohwell

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello from Louisiana
Lemon 2010 800 with engine out for second time in twelve months.
Will sell with busted engine, can't justify any more money.Will replace in September tax free weekend with Viking. Like everything on Viking. Little concerned about turning in yard and cutting up grass. But if thats as bad as it gets, ohwell
I agree with the turning. It seems like it is straining abit with the rear end. It would have been nice to have a turf mode like the Rangers but I also agree if that is the only thing we don't like I will take that over walking when my Ranger quits.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Me!!!!!!

Well, i had always had nothing but Yamaha ATV's over the years, never an issue with any of them. In 2010 we desided we wanted a SXS, and really wanted to stay with Yamaha, but they Rhino was to small. So we sold our 2002 Big Bear 400, and got a brand new off showroom floor 2010 Ranger 500 fullsize. Off the showroom flooronto the parking lot it just died, and the salesman said " oh' its just been sitting awhile". That should have been a clue i was about to get screwed. From that day foward till we sold it last year when we heard about the Viking, we couldnt wait to get back to a Yamaha. Close to 10 trips between 2 dealers, the issue was never fixed, it would just randomly just run bad and evently die. The last time we picked it up from the dealer we got it from, they basiclly said, come and get it, we are done messing with it. Polaris wouldnt do a thing to help with that lemon POS. And that thing was the noisest thing ive heard, far as, just the bed vibrating, buzzing, etc, it was unbearable to drive some days. I hate Polaris with a passion.

Reactions: bullet1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me!!!!!!

Well, i had always had nothing but Yamaha ATV's over the years, never an issue with any of them. In 2010 we desided we wanted a SXS, and really wanted to stay with Yamaha, but they Rhino was to small. So we sold our 2002 Big Bear 400, and got a brand new off showroom floor 2010 Ranger 500 fullsize. Off the showroom flooronto the parking lot it just died, and the salesman said " oh' its just been sitting awhile". That should have been a clue i was about to get screwed. From that day foward till we sold it last year when we heard about the Viking, we couldnt wait to get back to a Yamaha. Close to 10 trips between 2 dealers, the issue was never fixed, it would just randomly just run bad and evently die. The last time we picked it up from the dealer we got it from, they basiclly said, come and get it, we are done messing with it. Polaris wouldnt do a thing to help with that lemon POS. And that thing was the noisest thing ive heard, far as, just the bed vibrating, buzzing, etc, it was unbearable to drive some days. I hate Polaris with a passion.
That is what mine would do. It would just start running like crap. Sometimes it would run like crap for hours and die. Sometimes it would run like crap for minutes and then come out of it. It never made any sense to me. I figured it had to be electrical

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, mine would start right up, and run fine after it died, but like i said, after about 10 trips for weeks at a time, they said they could never get it to repeat the issue for them...then i take it home, and it does it..and Polaris wouldn't do a thing, oh' well, im happy to be back with Yamaha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts