Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been concentrating on telling you about the top speed that I forgot about the low end.

It was a given like our rhino sheaves.

With my present set up, you can NOT get the belt any lower in primary or higher in secondary for better low end. I call what we do max safe to max safe.

No one will be able to get more belt travel than what we have now on this new clutch sheave.

It can be tackled a couple different ways but the most important part of adding a sheave is belt travel and it can't be improved over this set up.

For the big tire guys we will be adding a stiffer secondary spring for more belt grip and slower shift out which means it stays in lower gear longer.

Todd

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love battle of the vendors, let the wars begin
Sorry to let you down, I don't do battle any longer, stopped that a while back.

Been doing Yamaha clutching too long. I can make it go a tab bit lower but won't, make the belt turn too hard and the belt is already sitting up out of secondary sheave enough.

Also the cam plate is already sitting on top of the sheave on ours so you can't do anything there. Only way is to put a shim behind the sheave like I did the rhino and with this belt change no need for it.

Again, I said several ways to skin the cat but max safe is max safe.

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts