Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been reading this forum for awhile and placed my order for a new Viking yesterday. I had been looking for a 2022 base model but given how hard they were to find decided to jump when a dealer in PA (I'm in MD) assured me a 2023 Ranch edition would be arriving in January and they would deliver it no matter how far away I was. Hopefully it's true!

While I wait, they'll get whatever accessories I want and install them on the unit when it arrives. To that end, anyone want to offer what accessories they find to be the most useful/routinely used? A bit of background:

• I have 9 acres of mostly wooded, some swampy, property. In 4 years living here I have never made it to the back property line due to how overgrown it is. There's a creek back there somewhere.
  • I have very steep hills in those woods -- going from 100 ft above see level to 5 in a fairly short distance.
  • My goal is to clear various areas of the property (downed trees, etc.) and put in some trails through the areas I have yet to discover.
  • I don't hunt so don't need gun/bow racks or anything like that.
  • I have a 100 yard long driveway that in theory could be plowed, but it rarely snows and the driveway is straight/flat so usually when it does snow I just drive over it and wait for it to melt.

A winch is the only accessory I know for certain I will get. This is mostly in case I get to the bottom of the hill and discover I can't make it back. I could probably be convinced to get the cargo box for the bed, and maybe even the plow. I haven't really considered enclosures, windshields, or anything else. What does the forum think? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on what you have/can't live without/wished you had/wished you hadn't wasted the money on.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Good to see you have a winch on the list. And definitely a front windshield as mentioned by trailcutter. I would also recommend a rear windshield. A small trailer of some sort is very handy when clearing and moving trees and wood.
You will figure out other options you want the more you use it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
1. My most used accessory, is not even seen----it is my 2inch lift...you mentioned you have a wooded acreage, and you will be driving over trees and stuff, that being said, get the most height as you can.
You'll thank yourself without even thinking about it..its just there. And of course 28 inch tires. I have this set up and take it for granted that having 13-14 inches of clearance is normal. I do not go looking for the baddest or deepest mud hole, but when I come across one, its not an issue. Eventually you'll go trail riding and some of the ruts' out there are deep, now you wont get high centered.
2. Don't cheat yourself out of at least a half wind deflector. I have both, but will be making my own full windshield, probably install a Jeep TJ glass into and aluminum frame.
3. A brush guard, when in the bush, beats denting up you bumperettes.
.....the rest will come as you see a need for

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
As all above plus a chainsaw holder. Definitely bigger and better tires as the Viking scrabbles a lot on steep climbs with the stock tires.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
293 Posts
I concur with most of the recommendations. I don’t have the 2” lift but I do have 28” tires. I also have the folding windshield, best of both worlds. Full protection in the rain/chill but folded for air flow. I haven’t seen anyone else mention it but slugging the wet clutch is also a good idea.

Reactions: Sport4x4
1 - 6 of 6 Posts