Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me more about the On-Command System? When I was researching the Yamaha Viking I had read about the Yamaha Ultramatic V-Belt transmission with all-wheel engine braking, but I hadn't come across this "On-Command System" until today. I gather it is an exclusive Yamaha feature? I had a similar feature on my Dodge Ram, but I'm new to ATVs so I'm not sure what the difference is, if any, regarding part-time systems. I didn't think many vehicles gave the driver that kind of control anymore.

·
Registered
188 Posts
From what I understand, the three-way On-Command(r) system allows drivers to choose between 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with differential lock. It is a driver-controlled system with an automotive-type rotary dial selector. "This driver-controlled system gives the driver the control and confidence to lock in all four wheels based on the terrain - a significant benefit over other automated systems on competitive models."

I don't really understand the difference between the two types of 4-wheel drive though. Anybody have any info on that?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Seems like nice setup, I had a Polaris Ranger, really liked the Turf Mode on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Viking won't have the turf mode and will tear up the lawn but the 4wd system on the Yamaha is second to none!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i was aware of that, just saying the Turf mode was real nice feature to have, not sure why not all S X S's have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts