Viking Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Looks to like the filter was way over oiled, oil ran off and into the box. And never let the filter get that dirty.
And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: northernviking

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
You want foam filter oil like PJ1 or something similar. After cleaning with a foam filter cleaner or Dawn dish soap. Let it dry then spray the foam filter oil onto the filter. Squeeze the oil into the filter until it is covered and worked completely through to the inside or flip inside out and spray that side also. Ring out all excess oil then put it back on the cage. You dont want it dripping.

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Pull the dipstick and have a look at the oil because to me it looks like there's coolant in the crankcase and compression has blown that milky oil into the airbox. If the dipstick has normal brown oil on it then the motor should be fine and it's something else. But that doesn't look good imo.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Overheating is not good. Find out how long that was going on and how much he drove it that way. May have warped head. How are the fluids? Oil and coolant. How often did he change the oil? Have you tried a new spark plug? Any codes? When was the last time it was running? And was it running good at that time?

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
That battery is flat, charge it and try again. And I'm betting your head gasket is gone. And yes, check the oil in the crankcase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update #4- battery charges but immediately drains when attempting to start, while check engine light came on. As to the oil, I put in a whole gallon of coolant in the radiator and when I checked the oil dip, same coolant came pouring out of oil dip. P.S. oil dipper is milky.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Update #4- battery charges but immediately drains when attempting to start, while check engine light came on. As to the oil, I put in a whole gallon of coolant in the radiator and when I checked the oil dip, same coolant came pouring out of oil dip. P.S. oil dipper is milky.
😳😳😳
Big problems. Probably Full rebuild needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,053 Posts
Yep, head gasket is badly blown, or worse, hence milky oil in the airbox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts