Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've got a problem with my viking. Saw i big puddel of oil on the ground under the engine the other day, and i opened the airfilter box, and found a mix of oil and something, maby 1 L. I cleaned out the filterbox, gave it a oil and filter change, and triedrunning it again. Today i opend up the filterbox and boom, another liter or so.

I started looking around the engine, and found out that the air cut valve is open, even when i disconect the power. The Norwegian dealers are clueless. IS the valve suppose to be open? is that where the oil is coming from? Is the head gasket broken? its no more preassure in the oil pan then it should be.

Please help!

Jonas

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Wow this is new. I'd start by tracing the oil back to the engine.

This might help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only think it comes from the top-head ventilation. I’ve cleaned the box after the air filter. And it looks like it comes from the hose connected to the air cut valve. But I don’t know the function of the valve.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
How can it be full with a liter of oil in the air filter box? Is it possible you overfilled it by a quart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,793 Posts
So the oil isn't milky? And you don't think coolant is entering the crankcase, over pressurizing it and forcing oil out of the crankcase vent?

Have you done a compression test?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, the oil is smooth as it should. Haven’t done a compression test yet. Called it a weekend, went home to drink beer. Checking more at Monday.

·
Administrator
1,793 Posts
If you aren't over filling it, the crank case is getting pressurized.. I would think if it was a head gasket, the coolant would be in the oil, the pressure is on the coolant side and would enter the oil.. The crank case is getting pressurized.. Maybe valve steam issues, rings etc.. Need to do a leak down test..

Hows the machine run, top end etc?

Enjoy the weekend and some beers! Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Oil in the intake is usually always worn rings. Its definitely engine oil in the air box?

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
What does part 29 do?
Part 28 gets so hot it blows a hole open.
29 is a solenoid that opens to let air from the airbox into the exhaust. Your rubber hose is getting hot and melting? If so then probably the reed valve 25 is leaking and letting exhaust back into the rubber hose. You can buy a blanking off kit to replace part 25 etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts