Viking Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on type, size, and options... Minimum $1000. Speed/comfort costs money. How fast and/or comfy do you want to go? If I do it, I'll be building something on the high end of the spectrum, full adjustments, PDS (Progressive Dampening System). I suspect the longish arms on this machine will support a good 12" of travel, maybe more.

·
Registered
520 Posts
its going to be expensive. try contacting ohlin. they usually take interest in stuff but just need to see if there is a demand for it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yea I'm curious as well, madviking what ever became of your Ohlins endeavour?? It would be cool, but I think its cost prohibitive to most of the audience...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still waiting for Sweden to send what I need. My last conversation with Ohlins USA wasn't making things look good for getting anything at all this season. No worries, though. I also deal with King Shocks, so I might whip something up using their excellent dampers. They are also on the upper end of things, but no where near the Swedish stuff in price.

Yamaha no longer owns the majority of Ohlins. Ohlins bought most of it back in 2007. Yamaha owns Soqi, which I believe produces some of the Ohlins R&T products for auto use.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yout are correct about Ohlins... Yamaha sold their shares back to them in 07. Soqi are a great shock as well.

Who ever it may be... I believe their is a way better setup then what Yamaha through on the Vikng. Like really.... No adjustable collars for spring compression and/or ride height. That was just stupid on their part.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm still waiting for Sweden to send what I need. My last conversation with Ohlins USA wasn't making things look good for getting anything at all this season. No worries, though. I also deal with King Shocks, so I might whip something up using their excellent dampers. They are also on the upper end of things, but no where near the Swedish stuff in price.

Yamaha no longer owns the majority of Ohlins. Ohlins bought most of it back in 2007. Yamaha owns Soqi, which I believe produces some of the Ohlins R&T products for auto use.

Are you the same guy from TY that created the front end kit for the Nytro?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
yout are correct about ohlins... Yamaha sold their shares back to them in 07. Soqi are a great shock as well.

Who ever it may be... I believe their is a way better setup then what yamaha through on the vikng. Like really.... no adjustable collars for spring compression and/or ride height. That was just stupid on their part.
agreed!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I haven't seen anything.
It might be worth it for some potential buyer to shoot them an email, they might be able to provide them with some good info about a future product

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohlins is not currently interested in the UTV market. Thus, they won't develop anything. It's up to independent suspension builders, such as myself, to develop the shocks for these types of markets. Normally, or at least in the past, Ohlins has been happy to supply dampers for anything I wanted to build, from single one offs to larger runs.

I am on TY, I build the Ohlins Mono Shocks w/ PDS, and I am looking at producing the Nytro race front suspension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts