Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2016, Viking VI, Ranch Edition with EPS and yesterday I was using the auxiliary port to air up my tires. Everything was going good, until I got to the third tire. I hadn't started my Viking for a month or so, so I thought I would start it. Well, with my tire inflator turned on and running, I turned the key to start it and everything went blank, no lights no nothing! So I thought I must have blown a fuse somewhere so I checked all the fuses in the fuse box. Nothing! I kept looking at things and about 20 mins later, I decided to try to start again, I turned the key on and heard a clicking sound, which I think was the fuel pump. Well, all the lights came on when I turned the key on but when I tried to start it, I get a loud buzzing sound. I thought maybe the battery may be to low but after charging all night, still, the loud buzzing sound! The self diagnosis on the panel says Er-1 d. Any suggestions as to what it could be would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
414 Posts
Your battery may be shot. A dead cell or two, and still having enough power to run lights etc. Have you tried to jump start it with your car?

Reactions: Bullduster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, after I posted that I hooked my car up and jump started it. It did start and idoled for a couple of minutes. I got in it to go run it around a bit but it died on me again. I'm thinking it's probably the battery, it's only showing 10.2 V. I'm not surprised, it's the original battery and it's 4 yes old. Thank you for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
Yep, dead battery for sure.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
The batteries I ordered online did not last. Get one from an auto parts store. They will have them.

Sent from my SM-F707U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, after I posted that I hooked my car up and jump started it. It did start and idoled for a couple of minutes. I got in it to go run it around a bit but it died on me again. I'm thinking it's probably the battery, it's only showing 10.2 V. I'm not surprised, it's the original battery and it's 4 yes old. Thank you for the reply!
the hardest thing on batteries is not been charged regularily,i have a 2002 honda foreman with the original battery that still takes a charge,but fire it up every two weeks or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts