Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked the Viking a couple of months back and it ran perfectly when I parked it. Now it cranks but no fuel seems to be making it to the injector. Fuses all look good. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I parked the Viking a couple of months back and it ran perfectly when I parked it. Now it cranks but no fuel seems to be making it to the injector. Fuses all look good. Any suggestions?
My guess is that if the injectors are not delivering fuel, then it may be Fuel pump, or even the ECU - Engine Control Unit.

Do you have a service manual?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
But Maybe the ECU - maybe check for fault codes first.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Could also check some of the more goofy stuff like filter clogs - first.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
There are gear heads on this forum who will chime in sooner or later. They know a whole lot more about this stuff than I do.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Also, here's a simple one to check: The fuel injection system relay. It's under the hood. Top left side. You'll see 6 relays. It's #2 from left side.

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
199 Posts
And did you check for good spark? Try any starting fluid?

Reactions: cactus

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
My guess is that if the injectors are not delivering fuel, then it may be the Fuel Sender or Fuel pump, or even the ECU - Engine Control Unit.

Maybe test the fuel sender. Could be electronic.
Fuel sender only tells your fuel gauge how much to show, but yes could be fuel pump, fuses, relay, ECU, or chewed wiring.

My bet would be chewed wiring seeing it's been sitting around, either that or the fuel pump has seized.

And how do you know that there's no fuel at the injector?

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Thanks cacti. I removed the fuel sender suggestion from earlier post so I won’t confuse with wonky info.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Thanks cacti. I removed the fuel sender suggestion from earlier post so I won’t confuse with wonky info.
Good work, your upgrade from yuppie to mechanic gold star is on the way!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump working when to turn on the ignition? If not try wiggling the plug on top of the starter relay solinoid with the ignition on until you hear the fuel pump. This is what I have just fixed broken connection in the plug harness. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bd_skrillz
1 - 11 of 11 Posts