Viking Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well I looked at this and looks like you could run them in the rear tubes and then under the body between the skid plate and body but this would be tricky and take some time. I ended up just getting some black plastic conduit and running it along the bars so it doesn't look as noticeable

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
probably a silly question but when mounting an overhead stereo, what is the best way to run the wires to conceal them as best possible?
I have no stereo, but I ran all my LED light wires inside 1/2"ish black flexible sprinkler line. Just ran it along the roll bar and zip tied it. We used to do this on our semi's whenever we ran addition wires. Protects wires...looks clean...flexible and easy to run.

Drip irrigation line http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...rrigation-Drip-Irrigation-Tubing/N-5yc1vZbx80

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I do have the stereo, and we ran the wire along the drivers side roll bar, and went underneath the front plastic to the battery, using some of that black wire tubing, looks really nice to me.

Reactions: PATHFINDER

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am in the process of building my overhead unit. i purchased 6 or 7 wire trailer service wire. About $1 a foot from trailer shops. I ran it towards the back along the roll bar to the passenger side then to the middle and through the floorboard. I even pulled up the center floor section, an it was a breeze to get it through once floor was up.

I am running a UHF radio, led driving lights, eventually a stereo, cab marker lights, cab dome light and a ground wire, all through the same wire this way.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am in the process of building my overhead unit. i purchased 6 or 7 wire trailer service wire. About $1 a foot from trailer shops. I ran it towards the back along the roll bar to the passenger side then to the middle and through the floorboard. I even pulled up the center floor section, an it was a breeze to get it through once floor was up.

I am running a UHF radio, led driving lights, eventually a stereo, cab marker lights, cab dome light and a ground wire, all through the same wire this way.
You Sir are a genious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts