Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys= I am looking at a 2014 Yamaha Viking 700 SE model in black- it has 215 hrs and 1700 miles- first off is that good??
Looking to get this for my dad who really cant use his tractor anymore for his place in NH- We would be using it to tow a pull behind mower, plowing, and planning to get a bucket so he can still move some dirt or whatever if he wants- And of course some 4 wheeling- Is this a good choice or am i better off using my Suzuki 750 King Quad- Which will take the load of the plow/ bucket better- Any advice is appreciated-

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Those miles are fairly low. The viking will do everything you need. However I've never seen one with a bucket.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Try to find out how it was used by the owner. Trail riding and utility ok. Mudding maybe not so much.

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thks- He SAID he is an elderly gentleman who used it to drive around his property- Can get it for around $6600- Is that a fair price- it also has the front and rear windshield and roll up doors-

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
It sounds like a pretty good buy if the seller's genuine, my first Viking that I sold had nearly the exact same miles and hours on it as your one when I sold it in 2017, it was used a reasonable amount so if yours has those same hours on it two years later it hasn't been used that much. Also I think plowing and running a bucket is going to be hard on a Viking, or a quad for that matter, I guess if it's light work it would be ok, what sort of bucket is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts