Viking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out plowing snow the other day, and all of the sudden I have nothing when Im pushing the buttons on my Warn winch. After looking over the switch for my winch I can see what happened, from the cold weather all of my wires had split and broken apart. I managed to get everything connected back up and working so I can plow but I was thinking I'd rather have a switch mounted into the dash so that I dont have to worry about the wires getting cold and brittle. Any suggestions on a good switch that I can hard mount into the dash? Im no mechanic or electrician by any means so something simple that I can just wire up like it is now, red to red, black to black and green to green would be great (maybe backlit if its not to big of a pain in the butt). Anybody got any ideas for me?
Thanks
Trevor

·
Registered
215 Posts
The dash mounted switch from Motoalliance is a good quality switch. I have never had issues with their switches on two different units

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
go to napa and get a 2 way rocker switch, you'll have to drill a couple of small holes in your dash then trim to fit the rocker and it will pop right in. I put mine on the flat spot to the left of the steering wheel. I think the rectangular hole ends up being about 5/8 by 1 1/2. I know there are pics on here somewhere, that's an issue with some warns no dash or handle bar switches. if you don't find pics I will post some tomorrow

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have reattached the Motoalliance switch in the location Turkekted indicated
. This switch is also backlight which makes night operation nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts