Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard today the new Viking will be out Sept 7th along with the new Kawasaki sport.

Reactions: cactus

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
You get a free Kawasaki sport with a new Viking? lol just joking, can't wait to see what the new Viking brings!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope they made some good changes,supposed to be completely redesigned .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love for it to be a 1000 cc

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Love for it to be a 1000 cc

Me too, no chance though, I'm betting the 850 twin, which would still be very nice. A redesigned Viking with the 850 would stop me from going to Honda. I'm not a fan of big singles, I was even looking at trading my 450 for a KTM 690 but the thought of owning another big 700cc single cylinder has stopped me from doing so. Long rides with my hands tingling for an hour afterwards, I'm over that, twin balancer shaft or not!

850cc twin like the Wolverine
Self levelling rear suspension like the Wolvy
Decent noise reduction
TURF MODE!

Reactions: mjn and Chuggy500

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too, no chance though, I'm betting the 850 twin, which would still be very nice. A redesigned Viking with the 850 would stop me from going to Honda. I'm not a fan of big singles, I was even looking at trading my 450 for a KTM 690 but the thought of owning another big 700cc single cylinder has stopped me from doing so. Long rides with my hands tingling for an hour afterwards, I'm over that, twin balancer shaft or not!

Decent noise reduction
TURF MODE!
Sounds about perfect

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,I like it cactus.I hope they keep the same grab bar though really would miss that.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Long rides with my hands tingling for an hour afterwards, I'm over that, twin balancer shaft or not!
Don't be so selfish Cactus. I'm sure the wifey appreciates the tingling!

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

Decent noise reduction
TURF MODE!

And selectable turf mode..

I agree Cactus. If they'd have done that a year or so ago, I'd still have a Yamaha. My Vike was very reliable. It was just too noisy, stiff, and slow. :)

I am very happy with my current ride. Absolutely love it.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'd be happy to see a downgrade to an even 600 cc's.

Why bother with the extra 86 cc's?

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I am very happy with my current ride. Absolutely love it.

So good yeah? Any downsides surfaced yet?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
So good yeah? Any downsides surfaced yet?

Like any machine, there are aspects that were overlooked, and shouldn't have been.. primarily the vent lines. But it's an easy fix with a kit that's available online for 30 bucks or so. Easy stuff.

The only "issue" the Pioneer really has, it shares with every other SxS that has the motor partially under the cab... seat heat. There are plenty of things that can be done to rectify it, from simple to more complex.. Guys are putting Dynamat like material under the seat, many (like me) are putting a fan under the seat to blow the hot engine air back and away. Since mine is a 3 place, I can also remove an engine cover behind the cab, opening up a large area for the air to escape also.. I haven't done that yet, as the fan seems to do a pretty good job.

Overall, I really, really like this machine. It is smooth as ****, far, FAR quieter than the one-lung Vike I had, and has ample power. I'm glad I got the LE as the i4wd works flawlessly, and the Fox shocks just flat rock.

Here's an updated photo of where I am with it now.. I just added the Raceline Podium beadlocks. I think it improved the looks a ton, and when the snow flies here, I can drop the pressure down to almost nothing and float on the snow more..

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Like any machine, there are aspects that were overlooked, and shouldn't have been.. primarily the vent lines. But it's an easy fix with a kit that's available online for 30 bucks or so. Easy stuff.

The only "issue" the Pioneer really has, it shares with every other SxS that has the motor partially under the cab... seat heat. There are plenty of things that can be done to rectify it, from simple to more complex.. Guys are putting Dynamat like material under the seat, many (like me) are putting a fan under the seat to blow the hot engine air back and away. Since mine is a 3 place, I can also remove an engine cover behind the cab, opening up a large area for the air to escape also.. I haven't done that yet, as the fan seems to do a pretty good job.

Overall, I really, really like this machine. It is smooth as ****, far, FAR quieter than the one-lung Vike I had, and has ample power. I'm glad I got the LE as the i4wd works flawlessly, and the Fox shocks just flat rock.

Here's an updated photo of where I am with it now.. I just added the Raceline Podium beadlocks. I think it improved the looks a ton, and when the snow flies here, I can drop the pressure down to almost nothing and float on the snow more..
I'm about to join you. Viking goes up for sale today. I'll need more info on this fan trick although I already had intentions of installing the sound/heat matt. I really want something with some power and that can cruise 55 mph without your foot on the floor. I'll also be glad to get rid of the belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just checked Yamaha's website. No new Viking, they just released the 2020 side by side models and its basically new colors and graphics.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Awesome! Did they downgrade the engine a bit? The 686cc's on mine is a bit much.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I just checked Yamaha's website. No new Viking, they just released the 2020 side by side models and its basically new colors and graphics.

Dang and double dang!

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Don't be so selfish Cactus. I'm sure the wifey appreciates the tingling!

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

Hmmm, is that's what's going on. So every day she comes home from work and says, "Hi Darling I've had a long day could you take me for a ride on your bike?" which I do, funny thing is after that she only wants to go to sleep?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts