Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. first post after lurking for awhile.

After buying some land this fall, it game me a reason (excuse to wife) to purchase a new Viking.

I considered several UTV's. Came down to Honda vs Yamaha...:D

Will be plowing/playing in the winter, and will be a work-horse in the summer.

Got my son out on Saturday for a spin around the yard.. his car seat fit perfectly. Took her out yesterday on the lake with a friend on his 800 Ranger.

Good times, til the fuzz pulled us over and cited him for expired license.

Looking forward to learning more here.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site, awesome machines ya got there!!! Especially the Viking!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to you aswell spville79.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Your welcome, got any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome HIRISC......does the half windshield keep the wind off of you pretty good
Yes, I was impressed with the wind protection.

When I first saw it I thought it might not do much, but the up-turned lip of the shield and the relatively low seating combine to do a good job.

We swapped for a few minutes and I got cold-air-blasted by my friend's no-windshield Ranger.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Good thing you acquired that land! If it wasn't for that your viking purchase may not have been justified.

How many acres is the land you bought?

·
Registered
290 Posts
welcome aboard to both of you! Whats kinda rig is it the sheriff had, that things sweet with the little sliding side windows LOL.

you got the plow from yami?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sheriff was driving a Ranger - same as my buddy he pulled over :)

The plow is from Moose. When I bought it I understood they were going to mount the new Yamaha plow with the 'front' mount. They apparently could not get all the parts and decided to put on the Moose with the 'old style' push bar mounting (the kind where you have to lie on your back and pull the pins to dismount the plow).

I'm in discussion with the dealer now... the plow as it is works fine, but offers just 10" of plow/ground clearance due to the push bars hitting the under-belly. That is fine for my driveway, but will force me to remove the plow to traverse down to the lake if I want to plow off an ice skating rink for my kids, etc.

Any opinions re the durability/versatility between the push-bar type mount and the new triangular/front mount?

Or this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts