Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I brought home a new blue EPS Viking a few weeks back. Then I threw the accessories catalog at it. Roof, folding windshield, back curtain, back and side view mirrors, warn 3500 lb winch with front reciever hitch and yamaha roof mounted stereo by SSV works. Installed it all my self to save some dough. Alot actually. I havent had a chance to take it out give it a shake down ride yet. But if it goes as good as my old Rhino it will be awesome.
on a side note and a totally different subject, I can tell you that it will fit in a coachmen freedom expresd 260bl toy hauler with some room to spare. You dont even have to remove the rear bunk bed. And there is enough room for a couple of action packers in front of the Viking. This was the shortest toy hauler that was out fully out fitted with all the niceties at only 26 feet long. Im very happy with this set up so far as the toy hauler has not been used yet either. But the Viking is loaded and ready to go and so am I. And have a happy Memorial day weekend. Just remember its not about the bbq's and time off but the sacrifices made . Cheers all.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site!!! Thats great about it fitting in the toy hauler, cant beat that!!

Congrads on the new Viking, Ive got alot of the same Yamaha Accessories on our Viking, you can see it all in my list of stuff in my Signature. We installed everything ourselves aswell, and like you said, saved alot of $$$

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Viking2k14. Your Viking looks awesome. The only problem with the toy hauler is I am pretty much stuck with stock size tires or do a cage chop. I will be looking into your sound proofing thread if you have one shortly.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks, I dont have one i started myself, but I'll get you a link to Member Mass-n-trash thread on the soundproofing

I ordered the Silent Rider silencer, should be here Friday, I used the same stuff MNT used, just did it a different way. You have the Yamaha rear window, that that'll work great, i have it too. I just took the 2" Foam, put it all the way across the cab behind top of the backrests, between the backrests and bed, then cut the 2" to fit between all the seats, between backrests, and between backrests and seat bottoms. Used the thin stuff called MLV, to cover all the plastic under the seats. Ive got a picture i took, let me look for it.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the info when I get back to town I will find some of the material and try my hand at sound proofing mine.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No problem, good luck, it makes a Huge difference when you cut out all the high pitched noises coming from the engine into the cab.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And wow your Viking is clean. Mine is dirtier than that and mine has only been ridden from the front door of the dealer to my enclosed trailer. The from the enclosed trailer to the toy hauler. It has only been out side for about 4 hours since I have owned it. Do you think pool noodles would work between the seats?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
lol, i tend to pressure wash mine often. I would imagine it would help, before i got the soundproofing Foam, etc. I was using towels, placed in the same spots, just a towel between all the seats, seat bottoms/backrests, and across the top of the backrests, and that helped alot. Make sure to plug up the outside seatbelt holes too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple of pics

Viking in toy hauler, ready to go!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Way to go akrider, that toy hauler looks awesome! Wish we had the same thing here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome Akrider! I just joined the forums a couple weeks ago and took delivery of my Viking the other day. What part of ak are you from? I live on Kodiak and believe that I am currently the only Viking owner on the island due to the dealership here only having contracts for Honda and Polaris SxS's. They can and do sell Yamaha quads though!?!? Anyways I ordered mine from llps in homer and had it delivered on the ferry.
Right now I am hurculining the bed and thought I'd come on here between coats and say hi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cactus; thanks for the compliment. but if I lived in Australia I think I would be pulling a small Kimberly Karavan or something like the Wakka Wakka trailer with the Viking. Then I would have the set up for gold prospecting in western Australia looking for those sunbakers.

quackills; Welcome to you too ! Thats awesome that you where able to get your Viking delivered to you in Kodiak. Eagle River is where I live. How do you like the hurculiner. I am thinking about doing that or having it Rhino lined. Are you getting any smoke from the kenai fire?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you

Way to go akrider, that toy hauler looks awesome! Wish we had the same thing here!
Cactus; thanks for the compliment. but if I lived in Australia I think I would be pulling a small Kimberly Karavan or something like the Wakka Wakka trailer with the Viking. Then I would have the set up for gold prospecting in western Australia looking for those sunbakers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you

Welcome Akrider! I just joined the forums a couple weeks ago and took delivery of my Viking the other day. What part of ak are you from? I live on Kodiak and believe that I am currently the only Viking owner on the island due to the dealership here only having contracts for Honda and Polaris SxS's. They can and do sell Yamaha quads though!?!? Anyways I ordered mine from llps in homer and had it delivered on the ferry.
Right now I am hurculining the bed and thought I'd come on here between coats and say hi.
quackills; Welcome to you too ! Thats awesome that you where able to get your Viking delivered to you in Kodiak. Eagle River is where I live. How do you like the hurculiner. I am thinking about doing that or having it Rhino lined. Are you getting any smoke from the kenai fire?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome! I'm originally from the Big " A " to................Arkansas! :)!!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome fellow Alaskan. Lots of good threads in here. I love my herculiner. Cheap and easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome fellow Alaskan. Lots of good threads in here. I love my herculiner. Cheap and easy!

Thank you . Did u pull your bed tie downs ? And did you just use sand paper to scuff bed paint so hurculiner would adhere good. Im thinking about sand blasting with a media thats will scuff the paint real good.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thank you . Did u pull your bed tie downs ? And did you just use sand paper to scuff bed paint so hurculiner would adhere good. Im thinking about sand blasting with a media thats will scuff the paint real good.

Yes i pulled everything off the bed and used a wire wheel on a drill to scuff it up. Put on 2 heavy coats. Very happy with it!

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts

That's it mate! With a land mass the size of North America and only 20 million people there's plenty of gold here to be found, in fact the worlds largest nugget found with a metal detector was found in Australia and is now on display in Las Vegas!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts