Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Viking Gang,
We are looking at developing a cab enclosure for this fall to partner with our FIRESTORM heaters.

Looking for general feedback as to what people like in their cabs as well as fair price points -- this will help drive our R&D phase.

Thanks for any insight you'd like to offer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would definitely like to see doors and windshield available seperately so those of us with some accessories could buy what we need to finish enclosing what we already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I have to say im glad to see a company engaging with the community here and getting feedback and user input. It really helps to have something "tailored" for us.

Thanks Moto!
Agreed, more companies should follow suit

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would like to see it in seperate components. A folding safety glass windshield in the $500 range would be excellent. Alot of people will have a factory roof so making front and back glass adaptable to that would be a plus.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is great stuff, guys. We had a manufacturer approach us this past week with manufacturing in plastics and such that we currently don't do. So we are on the process of designing some cabs for production and are focused on the Viking. We can even see a couple of cabs getting developed -- along with windshields and roofs. We are hoping for a fall introduction of product -- that might aggressive, we'll see.

But it would certainly go well with our Viking FIRESTORM cab heaters. That was our highest volume heater this past year as one of our partners sold them with his cab.s

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I will be plowing snow professionally with my viking as soon as Boss comes out with a plow mount.

Most of my jobs are not long, small restaurants, daycares, etc. This means I will be in an out of the unit a lot loading and unloading from trailer. Easy access doors, meaning no zipper is a must.

I like the priceline of $1500. I spent $1k on my John deere cab. Cringed a little at the start, but after using it in winter, no regrets on purchase.

wiper is a must, but power wiper is just about as necessary when you are trying to drive and operate a plow, one less thing to worry about.

PM me when you have a product, I am seriously interested.

thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tooldad, I'm waiting for that Boss plow mount myself. I emailed Boss and they responded with a maybe by summer timeline. I think the V plow is my choice, how about you? Do you think the Viking can effectively plow with a 400lb plow? I'm also interested in a full cab enclosure with wiper from MA and will keep a close eye for development of this product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts