Viking Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my new tires and wheels in today. They're 26.5 x 9's and 11's on 12 inch ITP SS 212 wheels. I have a couple friends that are running these during hunting season and swear by them. I think they are going to work out great. They are 8 ply, run about 1/2 taller than spec and have very deep rim protectors. From my own experience, they also ride very smooth and tear up the rocks! Very good in the snow as well. Might be a little on the heavy side, but I'm not looking for speed. Again...I do a ton of hunting and 8 ply's are worth the extra weight. My friend has them on his Rhino and he says he hardly notices them on the low end. He also said he lost a little MPH on the top end, BUT the speedo is off with the taller tire....so who knows? My other friend has them on his RZR and beats the SH!T out of them. Between the two of them, they have just over 3000 miles on the tires, and neither has ever had a flat.

Unfortunately, here in southern Calif., They haven't sold too many of these wheels, so I got the shallow caps that wont work...but they're working on that. ( Thanks to those of you that helped me out on this part!) Also ordered black lugs just to be different.

Here's a link to a good review pit_bull_tires_pg9

The last picture is a comparison of the Rocker and the factory Maxxis.

View attachment 3337

View attachment 3345

View attachment 3353

View attachment 3361

I'll post some more pic's installed when my lugs come in.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats going to look great!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
They look awesome,, I wanna see em on your ride

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
sure it wont be long

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Whats your top speed with the rockers, how much power loss

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I'm not going to be much help here. I have never tried to see what it would top out at....and probably never will. It seems to pull them just fine, but I put them on right after I bought it...so I have no idea what the difference is in power? I can tell you this: For hunting in rugged terrain....these are AWESOME!!! For cruising around on the dirt and gravel trails...these are AWSOME! As aggressive as they look, they ride very smooth at slow speeds as well.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the time, they look like a great tire just a little concerned about the weight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts