Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a invitation in my email from Yamaha for a one hour Factory test drive of the new Rmax. So I followed their link & instructions to see where and when and there was about 8 different states they are holding these events in and luckily they have one here in Michigan about a 130 miles from me so I signed up for it. It will be in mid October at the new Holly Oak ORV Park. Looking forward to getting to test it out after looking one over on my dealers showroom.

Reactions: Ultratec

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went to Argyll, my local dealer today to at least sit in one, they wont have one up here in Edmonton Alberta, for at least a month or more. No mention of any test rides.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my Yamaha factory test ride in the new Rmax today. That thing is awesome. The Holly Oak ORV park that it was held at is very technical. Step hills, huge ruts and rock sections that are designed to really test your vehicle. There is even a motocross track. The test ride was 45 minutes but felt like 5, didn’t want it to end. I went up hills that from the bottom you couldn’t see half way up they were that steep and the Rmax went up so easily it was amazing. They took us thru stuff I wouldn’t take the Viking through and the Rmax took it all effortlessly and really builds one’s confidence. The Sport, trail, and Crawl modes are amazing as to the difference it makes. Sport mode, HANG on OMG, the digital speedometer is a blur trying to keep up; feels like it’s turbocharged. Trail mode is more Viking like but of course more power. Crawl mode is a whole new experience for going over logs, bolders, or straight down a steep 80 degree hill in low gear you hardly need the breaks. Would I buy one??? Yes in a heartbeat if I was going to use it where it really shines and if money was no object. The Viking is still better suited for me since My main use for these things is 90-95% work, haul, tow etc. I cannot imagine spending as much on a Rmax as a nice truck. The 107hp is fun and addicting and the suspension is amazing but I would have to tow it over a hour every time I wanted to really use all that, I use the Viking almost everyday and the Rmax is smaller, and so is the bed. Anyway thought I’d share it was fun and a great experience and a awesome off road machine that Yamaha refined to a very specific group of Wolverine owners that kept asking for something like this. Starting at $19,995 for the base model and after tax, freight & setup they will be over $21k. They had a base model under the tent with $10,000 in accessories add to it so $30,000 before tax freight and setup 😳 that is more tbat I spent for my 2017 truck. Will send some pictures

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Super Moderator
4,239 Posts
Thanks for the write up and photos, you just confirmed what I already new, that is, I want one!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The viking could be the all in one solution for many of us (with a few tweaks/upgrades to the engine, wheels, and suspension).

I love that RMax!!

But as you said, its expensive. It costs twice as much as what I paid for my Viking 6 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts