Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, have a question, what type of storage have folks put in their Viking for items like tire pump, repair kit, etc? I was looking at the Yamaha tool box but $300 + shipping is a big bit for something plastic? Has anyone bought a large tool box at Home Depot and bolted it down, or? Thankyou

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I ordered the under seat storage from Yamaha but it's on backorder until end of this month. In the bed storage I made 2 boxes for chainsaws and tools out of lumber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings, have a question, what type of storage have folks put in their Viking for items like tire pump, repair kit, etc? I was looking at the Yamaha tool box but $300 + shipping is a big bit for something plastic? Has anyone bought a large tool box at Home Depot and bolted it down, or? Thankyou
Hi M&J I bought a Rigid tool box at Home Depot...it's one of the boxes Rigid has in their "stackable" box line...cant remember if its the bottom box or a middle box, but its the same height as my viking bed rail and is an awesome box, well built, has great lockable latches and a lift out tray for smaller things like an lug lock key and tire gauge and along with what you named
box.jpg
. I have put that box thru the wringer and still love it, think it was only like 29.00 or 39.00. (from what i can remember) I mounted it with two of the black rubber bungee cords, criss crossed behind it, going from the handles down to my box tie downs. good luck and welcome

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Yep. Bought a Stanley tool box. It has a rubber gasket and clamps tight which means:
  • no dust
  • no water
I just bungy it to the side kinda like where woody keeps his.

Reactions: M&j and cactus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents for the input. Thinking of bolting something similar down as I leave the Viking at trailheads when out fishing or hunting so someone does not get the idea they can walk off with my stuff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi M&J I bought a Rigid tool box at Home Depot...it's one of the boxes Rigid has in their "stackable" box line...cant remember if its the bottom box or a middle box, but its the same height as my viking bed rail and is an awesome box, well built, has great lockable latches and a lift out tray for smaller things like an lug lock key and tire gauge and along with what you named View attachment 50691 . I have put that box thru the wringer and still love it, think it was only like 29.00 or 39.00. (from what i can remember) I mounted it with two of the black rubber bungee cords, criss crossed behind it, going from the handles down to my box tie downs. good luck and welcome
I have the whole stackable set of Rigid boxes including that one, now they will probably be going for some Viking rides with me 😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts