Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I am new to this forum and have little experience on side by sides. Most of my 4x4 experience has been my pickups in CO and OR.
I have looked a Polaris 800 and 900, Kawasaki Teryx, the Mule and JD 825 and 855. I called my son in law in KY for Thanksgiving and he talked up his 2007 Rhino 660. So I went to the Yamaha dealer in my area and read as much as I could on the internet. Seems like everyone has a different favorite, but I have narrowed down my selection to the Viking in camo (if the price diff isn't too much) or the green at about 98% and the other 2% is left open, "just in case". I'm buying another house (down sizing to help with my retiring on 12/31) so I cannot buy anything until the 1st of next year. But it will be in January! This forum has helped me as much as sitting in the Viking. It was 14 degrees so I wasn't interested in a test ride that day, especially without a windshield, but I will definitely test drive one when the weather is a bit friendlier. Great forum, looking forward to reading it often.
Rick Huse
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
Hey Rick, Welcome to the site, Good luck, you'll really like the Viking, when ya do get one!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: rhds1

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Hey Rick, what dealer are you talking with? I live in Ozark, MO and made my purchase in Marionville, MO at Maironville Powersports. They gave me by far the best price I could find. I bought the green for $10,999.00 out the door + the price of a few extras like windshield and fender flares. They were very good to work with and no pressure, just great prices. Springfield's dealer couldn't compete on price and I felt a little bit of run around. Good luck.

I've used mine to hunt with, haul a trailer loaded with firewood, and just some riding around and my only complaint is it is a little loud (plan to fix with a spray in liner) and the engine braking is difficult to get used to.

Enjoy!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aappleton thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the dealer in Springfield. My daughter and I went to Maironville Powersports like you suggest. They were nice but we didn't talk price nor drive one, due to the chilly weather. I hope we get as nice a deal as you got. Thanks again for the info. I can hardly wait.
Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
I talked with Larry at Marionville, he is a very straight shooter. Good luck, I don't think you'll be disappointed, just the leg room alone vs. every other model sold me.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top