Viking Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think I already know the answer to this question but, what kind of fire-arm do you carry?
more often i dont carry any, but if i am its only my ccw which is an xds 45.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My daughter killed her first vertical bow buck last Saturday in PA. We picked her up up a Matthews avail last year and she killed 3 does with it. She added some more doe meat to the freezer with it this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
That's because you killed them all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
We didn't weigh him. He wasn't crazy big bodied. I'd guess 190 on the hoof. I gross scored him at 181 7/8. He found his sheds last year, they were 150. Have pictures for 4 years, so guessing he was 5 1/2.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
400 Posts
no luck with moose draw this year,in two and a half months only saw two moose,one was a cow and the the other a big bull i called in to twenty yards.between hunters,grizzlies and wolfs they are having a tough go of it.i ran into a grizzly kill where he had a black bear half eaten and buried right on a logging road and have found a couple of griz moose kills.i did get some moose pics on my game camera,but only at night,deer season still open here.

·
Registered
400 Posts
griz killed a mother and daughter in the yukon yesterday and attacked the husband when he returned to the cabin from trapping,he shot the bear then found his wife and daughter near cabin ,what a bummer.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Wow. Horrible thing to befall a family.

·
Super Moderator
4,404 Posts
griz killed a mother and daughter in the yukon yesterday and attacked the husband when he returned to the cabin from trapping,he shot the bear then found his wife and daughter near cabin ,what a bummer.

Wow that's bad. Reminds me of the Russian teenage girl a few years ago who rang her mother while a brown bear was eating her. Marlin make a nice Guide Gun in 45-70 that would be an essential in bear country I imagine , I have the same one in 30-30.

·
Registered
723 Posts
that would be brutal to come back home to.
now lets get back on track. he's not one of the two I've been watching but he ran off two smaller ten points I had hanging around and they had a lot more potential than him so...now he's being made into roast, hamburger and pepper jack sticks lol. we have two more gun seasons left starting today thru Sunday and next Friday thru Sunday but bow season goes until Jan 12. hoping to get a chance at one of the big guys soon.

going to bury him in the ground and let mother nature clean it up.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Reactions: KBoyd722 and cactus

·
Registered
6,171 Posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
457 Posts