Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Viking VI. I love it. It takes me and my friends all over 14,000 acres of trails here in FL. Last weekend I ended up getting stuck with it on a trail many miles from camp. She lost power, made horrible clanging clunking noises, and shutoff, never to get started again. I ended up pulling the engine yesterday and examining the internal parts.

Turns out the piston is scored on one side, the piston cylinder wall is scored and scratched on the same side, the Crank has more side to side movement play in it then allowed and most likely the oil pump is shot. So, my question is.... I want to rebuild it but don't know where to start or what company is reputable for the parts I want. I want a big bore cylinder kit (780) with a new crank, performance cam, Engine tuner, (I think that's what it's called) new oil pump, all new engine rebuild gasket kit and anything else that may be required to bring her back to life.

If any of you have rebuilt and upgraded this 700 engine, let me know what you did, what kits you used, things you would do different or things you did but shouldn't have. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
With all that work maybe you can fit a wolverine engine in it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I think JBS sell an engine mapper and stroker kit, along with a sheave and clutch kit. Cylinder works sell a 727cc big bore kit. Or Rocky Mountain ATV which sells most things including tuners. Or yep, try the Wolverine engine!

Did it run out of oil?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did run out. The middle gear unit bolts had loosed up and caused the block to crack and leak oil. Of course by the time I figured that out, it was too late. Damage was done.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I fully rebuilt my engine.
BPRacing kit. Standard bore with 11:1 compression Carrillo piston, HotRod crank, ARP head bolts, stage 2 cam, ported and polished head, kibble white valves, Dynatek fusion with JBS map for Yoshimura exhaust, Dynatek auto tune. I love the extra power. If and when I blow it up again I will go for a BBK and +1mm valves (Ferrera). Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
I love the extra power. If and when I blow it up again I will go for a BBK and +1mm valves (Ferrera). Cheers
I've seen the way you ride so the "if" doesn't come into it 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've seen the way you ride so the "if" doesn't come into it
Its hard to upgrade it, if you don’t break it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bd_skrillz
1 - 8 of 8 Posts