Viking Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been checking out this forum all week and it really helped me in my decision. It made me remember how reliable Yamaha's really are! I currently have a 2000 Grizzly 600 (Ole Red), a 2007 Grizzly 660 (blue), and today I added a 2014 Viking EPS SE to my collection. I found a good deal on it and the black does look really sharp! I dropped of my new 27x12x12/27x10x12 Kenda Executioner tires and it should be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. Having them throw the cheap SE tires on my 2007 grizzly rims because the current tires are about shot. My Ole Red has some 27" titan 589's on it so getting things set to take my wife and kids muddin with me. I will post up some pics of the machines after I get the Viking and can do some side by sides.

From searching around the forums I found a few accessories that I am getting or already bought. I have a 5000lb Viper winch sitting on the floor beside me atm, I ordered (backordered) the sound dampening system, and I am most likely going to order the Highlifter 2" kit I seen on here.

I do have a question though! The service guy asked me when he seen the big ol tires if I was gonna put in a clutch kit. He said that 27's are close and I should look into it. Do you guys recommend it? I thought I had read 28 is maybe and 30 I definitely should. I have never worked on a clutch so it would be a new adventure and not sure if I want to tear it apart already.

I also purchased a Kenwood marine radio, a little marine amp, a marine stereo antenna, and some marine kicker speakers. Still not sure where or how I want to mount the setup yet but that one post had a really awesome looking homemade speaker box and has my mind rolling!

Getting long so I end it now and would like to say thank you all for sharing so much on here. In the future I will be looking at how to snorkel it and I am sure I will find the info here.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new viking. i have 27s on mine and dont have any problems. although i may put the clutch kit on in the future i dont really need it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts