Viking Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked mine up Saturday. loaded up and put about 20 miles on it Sunday riding some fire breaks at the hunting land. really impressed with how it did. still waiting on the brush guard to come in from dealer. they odered the parts that go over the lights but not the center part. go figure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome, congrads, looks good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, waiting on the brushguard and led lights to come in so I can get them installed. also gonna do some insulating to keep the heat from coming up between the seats and the bed.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats gonna look really nice too. I got some black towels, and stuffed them in between the seat bottoms, between the seat bottoms and backrests, and between each back rest, and across the top of the backrests, ive got the yamama rear window, so it helps hold them between the window and backrests, you'd be amazed on the sound difference and heat too.

But even with the window, you could still stuff towels in between the seats, etc. It would help still.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would consider using foam instead of towels. It just seems to me that that could be a more long term solution to the problem than putting towels in there is.

Too bad your brush guard didn't come in yet. You'll have to post up another picture once you get the brush guard installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found some foam at the hardware store. brush guard and lights made it in yesterday. going to install them today hopefully

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I finished my sound proofing yesterday, using the same materials that Mass-n trash used. All the stuff is waterproof, which is great. Towels you have to remove when you wash it, which sucked. Im ordering the Silent Rider Silencer today.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I finished my sound proofing yesterday, using the same materials that Mass-n trash used. All the stuff is waterproof, which is great. Towels you have to remove when you wash it, which sucked. Im ordering the Silent Rider Silencer today.
How much did soundproofing end up costing you and how long did it approximately take you?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
He paid right at 175 locally, i had to pay $59 to ship it to me in Texas, so it was right at $235 for all the materials, I ended up doing it diffrent than he did, I put the thin MLV under the seats, covering all the plastics that you see under the seats. Then i cut the 2" Foam to fit snugly between the seats, in between the seat bottoms, and back rests, and between each backrest. Also all across the the top of backrests between the bed and back of seats. I'll post a pic in just a bit here.

I can honestly say, its ALOT more enjoyabe to drive around in now. Even with the towels, it did great, id highly recommend the towels to anyone that wants to go the cheap route for now. Then get the foam and other materials later.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Car seat cover Car seat Vehicle Car Head restraint

I'll get another pic later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
He paid right at 175 locally, i had to pay $59 to ship it to me in Texas, so it was right at $235 for all the materials, I ended up doing it diffrent than he did, I put the thin MLV under the seats, covering all the plastics that you see under the seats. Then i cut the 2" Foam to fit snugly between the seats, in between the seat bottoms, and back rests, and between each backrest. Also all across the the top of backrests between the bed and back of seats. I'll post a pic in just a bit here.

I can honestly say, its ALOT more enjoyabe to drive around in now. Even with the towels, it did great, id highly recommend the towels to anyone that wants to go the cheap route for now. Then get the foam and other materials later.
Pricing doesn't seem too bad to me. Good to hear it made riding the Viking much more enjoyable than it was, likely something a good number of owners here might end up doing as well!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Dont see why not, when Loudness, seems to be the biggest complaint, and ive seen some for sale already, because they said they where to loud. Theres one for sale here locally, that only has 96 miles on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts