Viking Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

Been around here some months...lurking until I bought my Viking last fall and then posting a bit. I've been blogging a long term review of my Viking ownership over on our UTV parts sales website (Blue Monkey Blog: Articles & Reviews).

My background has been mostly in street bikes (I founded the Aprilia USA Owner's Club when they first launched in the USA and helped them at WSBK events and with model launch track demos, ran track days and racetrack schools for several years on the West Coast, contributed to the streetbike magazines, etc), but for decades I've also had ATVs and as of late saw the need to move up to a UTV and the Viking has been the perfect choice for my needs.

Our shop in northern Idaho sells parts for ATV/UTV, dirt, street, snow, pretty much whatever our customers need...and everyone up here has something that burns gas for fun. We're also the USA importer/distributor for Healtech Electronics, maker of the Speedohealer (speedometer recalibrator), GIPro gear indicators, and more. We sell a lot of Speedohealers to UTV owners who put tracks on, since that really jacks up your speedometer/odometer.

We're dealers for Moose Utility Division, Rigid Industries, Kolpin, Cycle Country, KFI, WARN, VDP, Jensen, Maier, DG, Pro Armor, NGK, Camoplast, EBC, EPI, High Lifter, K&N, Dynojet, Yuasa, Speed/Beard, Seizmik, ITP, Maxxis, Sedona, DWT, Kenda, Duro, Yoshimura, FMF, AMS, Vision, Motul, Maxima, Silkolene, Motorex, and a lot more through Parts Unlimited, Western Powersports, and Marshall. For those of you with crossover interests in dirtbikes and streetbikes, we're dealers for Alpinestars, Thor, Shoei, Cortech/Tourmaster, and Fly Racing, not to mention Drag Specialties (Harley parts and accessories).

As a forum sponsor, we'll try to take care of vikingforum.org members...so be sure to always ask us for the Viking Forum discount.

·
Registered
312 Posts
WELCOME!!!!

One thing that has impressed me here is the sponsor's forum involvement!

That go's a LLOONNGGG ways in my book when I need information or troubleshooting
an issue.

Not to mention the next time I make a purchase these things are considered.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Awesome, Welcome!!!

Seen you sell EBC products, i contacted them few days ago about if they are going to come out with some good " Non-squeaking" Brake pads for the Viking, they never returned my email.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, Welcome!!!

Seen you sell EBC products, i contacted them few days ago about if they are going to come out with some good " Non-squeaking" Brake pads for the Viking, they never returned my email.
So you've tried their "X" sport carbon and "R" sintered compounds and they are both squeaking on you? Usually people report the worst squeak/squeal (and brake dust) from organic pads, not the full metallic compounds...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I haven't tried any of there products in years, I've just always been told that the brake pads that Yamha uses on the Rhino's or Vikings, etc. Is what causes the squeaking we all hear while driving around. So I emailed them asking if they had any plans on making new pads for the Viking.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I should get both their X and R pads and do some testing for my next blog update...although right now they seem to all be on backorder...figures.

Reactions: Quack addict

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That would be great, cause, as of now, i haven't seen any aftermarket pads for the Viking.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ditto....I would like to know about the pads as well.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
finally a forum vendor I guess we can get some good prices and perks for being a member right? Welcome
Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, we do our best to take care of members on pricing at forums we sponsor. So if you see something on our site, or anywhere out there (since we have access to hundreds of brands but only the time to put a selection of things on our site) hit me up via email at [email protected] (email is always best but I also check the forum) and we'll see what we can do for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts