Viking Forum banner

Need some info please

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Sport4x4 
#1 ·
I have a 14 Viking that does not have power steering but when in two wheel and I turn in gravel or on blacktop it hops like it is in 4 wheel drive, And both rear wheels are turning forward like it has a posi rear end. With the diff lock is it suposed to loch the rear also. This past spring the dealer had to replace the actuator in the front because it was not coming out of 4 wheel totally.. It steers like a truck tractor without power steering and tares up the yard in 2 wheel drive. Please help

#3 ·
Hey Clap haven't you posted this problem up before? Anyway, as cmsmith said the Viking has a permanently locked rear axle, which will rip the sh!t out of your beautiful yard. And diff lock only locks the front diff because as said the rear diff is already permanently locked.

#4 · (Edited)
It’s great for loosening the soil for over-seeding. Most homeowners should have one.

• Haha
Reactions: M&j and MNDirtRider
#5 ·
When in diff lock the steering will become more difficult compared to 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive. I notice it with mine also even with my power steering and others have commented here to the same effect. On pavement it will be worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.