Viking Forum banner

Where would you mount your aux driving lights

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide where to mount my 4 1"x4" driving lights. What's the opinion out there, do you like them high or low? Basically on the roof, or on the brush guard.

thanks!

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you do a lot of riding in muddy conditions you want to mount them as high as possible, I mounted mine on the roll bar and I am very happy with the way they turned out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
Here is a pic

·
Registered
965 Posts
They are crazy bright, they are a flood pattern. I got them from superatv.com

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Quad HID's on the roll bar... Make my headlights obsolete.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I was the first to put a light bar on there brush guard, so i vote Brush Guard!!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
One thought, I don't know where your located but if you'll be plowing snow I'd mount them on the role cage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I need to elaborate a little on this. I think your placement of your LED's needs to take in consideration planned usage for your "V". As mentioned, heavy mudding or a snow plow would just about eliminate the brush guard mounting. As for my application, I don't have or do either so the position I've mounted mine is just right. I really like how it's fairly level with the anemic stock lights and the projection is fine.

If your like me, since installing LED's You may not even use the headlights. LED's are the way to go! Congrats on your purchase and may you be able to " See the light"!:0

·
Registered
344 Posts
Heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts

I mounted mine to the brush bar. I also upgraded the headlight bulbs to 55w in a brighter white so they don't look so pathetic when the LEDs are on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got them mounted

thanks for all the replies. I ended up putting them like several did, just above the hood on the roll cage. I already had cable clamp bolts there for my homemade half windshield.

I would have liked them on the roof, however the front of the roof is so flimsy. plus I just mounted cab lights (like a big rig) and didn't want to drown them out.

You hardly can tell the headlights are on. I might have to try the 55w upgrade.

going to build my own rear bumper with 3/4" round LED lights going across the back. eventually a headache rack for the back and more lights! I am a big rig junkie and want to make my "V" the big rig of the bunch.

will posts pics from the upcoming weekend with lights on and on trails.

thanks again!

·
Registered
965 Posts
thanks for all the replies. I ended up putting them like several did, just above the hood on the roll cage. I already had cable clamp bolts there for my homemade half windshield.

I would have liked them on the roof, however the front of the roof is so flimsy. plus I just mounted cab lights (like a big rig) and didn't want to drown them out.

You hardly can tell the headlights are on. I might have to try the 55w upgrade.

going to build my own rear bumper with 3/4" round LED lights going across the back. eventually a headache rack for the back and more lights! I am a big rig junkie and want to make my "V" the big rig of the bunch.

will posts pics from the upcoming weekend with lights on and on trails.

thanks again!
Any pics of the finished product, and I'm interested to see the other lights you have.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also upgraded the headlight bulbs to 55w in a brighter white so they don't look so pathetic when the LEDs are on

What bulbs did you use?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i got mine off amazon. 22 bucks i think and free shipping. 55 watt bulbs the part number says its for a yamaha grizzly but they fit our viking. cant remember the search entry but ill post a pic in a few minutes. they were easy to install and are better than stock. still need a light bar though

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Reactions: kasja55
1 - 20 of 42 Posts