Viking Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 Viking Vi. Had a bad vibration when “cruising” around 13 mph. Thought it was in rear diff so replaced whole diff due to a bent axle and lots of metal in diff. Then upgraded to JBS hot rod sheave. Finally got back to riding again and it’s still there. Around 13 and over at cruising rpm under minimal engine load seems something starts to bind, and can feel vibration throughout. Also robs some power. Now if I completely let off the throttle and get back into it, it’s fine until back at a cruise rpm with minimal load.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
2wd 4wd or both?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
I having close to the same thing going on. Have yet to find it. Grinding vibration on decel starting at about 10mph and below. I have already had the motor out and had to tighten the middle drive bolts. 1000 miles ago. Just got a one way bearing but that doesn't sound like it. Also have a carrier bearing on the self. I thought that was it months ago, but I took the air box out and listened, it was still coming from the lower front of the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I having close to the same thing going on. Have yet to find it. Grinding vibration on decel starting at about 10mph and below. I have already had the motor out and had to tighten the middle drive bolts. 1000 miles ago. Just got a one way bearing but that doesn't sound like it. Also have a carrier bearing on the self. I thought that was it months ago, but I took the air box out and listened, it was still coming from the lower front of the motor.
The middle drive bolts came loose? How did you notice? Leaking oil?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Vibration on decel is one symptom. Also on mine the speedometer quit registering on decel.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You can check them by sliding the front differential forward, removing the air, sliding front driveshaft ahead, removing the front yolk bolts. With a flashlight you can look in the case to see if they are loose

·
Registered
721 Posts
That work needs to done even if you pull the engine. Minus sliding the front diff forward

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Not the slip joint, or maybe grease the spline as Getzy did?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, tried some more troubleshooting. While driving and get over the speed of 10-13 when the vibration, noise starts if I switch to 4 wheel drive it seems to stop it. Front diff or middle drive?

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Try greasing the spline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts