Viking Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Pins? Its obvious I'm a Winch Noob!!!
Ah. When Yamaha puts extra jacks on the wiring harness for future expansion they also give you the plug, but with the wire holes are plugged with tiny rubber stoppers. You need to buy a bag of pins which you will attach to your switch wires and insert into the plug. Sounds complicated but it is not.

See similar situation here:

Reactions: ThunderGod

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes the new Wolvy has 1.5x Brunhilda's horsepower, great shocks, tires and wheels. It is certainly attractive in it's beige camo and nice cockpit, and will look cool on a new aluminum trailer.

But it will never out-ride Brunhilda on the Eastern trails. She is old, scratched and rusty with huge dents in her skid plates. She has carried an estimated 75 tons of horse poop, pulled down trees and carried her share of rocks, logs and firewood. She has pulled a bona-fide Indian Medicine Man's cargo van out of the mud, has never seen the inside of a garage and her green skins are faded. She has over 800 hours on her engine from 7 years of plowing hundreds of miles of driveway. But, she has heart, and a driver that doesn't give a sh1t about rocks, trees, mud, or water. HA!
Well on the day we gave my Mini the trailer pull test with
And just like that, in the blink of an eye, my first Wolvy pre-delivery item purchase, the 5000lb Harbour Frieght winch has been ordered.
Sigh...
Well on the day we gave my Mini Countryman S ALL4 the test pull with my new Aluma trailer with BadM0nkey's Viking on it, I got message that my Wolverine is in a month earlier than I was told!!!
Getting ready to drop that $16k in the blink of an eye!!!

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
SWEET!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
@ThunderGod, my Viking look great up on that trailer. How 'bout we trade my Tractor Supply Trailer for yours?

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
227 Posts
I just checked to see how far Lost Trails Park is from me…..24 hour drive one way. Any Viking owners closer to Minnesota/North Dakota out there?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Wow! That is much too far.

If anyone cares at some point we are heading back to Lost Trails again for @ThunderGod to break in his new Wolvy. After that we will be going to AOAA.

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
227 Posts
Trust me, if I had more vacation time I’d make the trip. Looks like fun! Not many Viking owners in my country.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Trust me, if I had more vacation time I’d make the trip. Looks like fun! Not many Viking owners in my country.
It is a lot of fun to go on group rides. Unfortunately most Viking owners can't or won't take the time to go. I get it. I wasn't able to for something like 3 years.

While Lost Trails is fun, AOAA is fantastic. They opened up a trail to town and designated some streets as ATV friendly. On Fri, Sat and Sun you can go to Shamokin PA for gas and lunch between 10 and 2. I can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I'm with you Getzy, I'd do it too, two days there, two days riding and two days back, get to see some awesome countryside and sights (not to mention the bars) along the way, what a week! Beats sitting at home sooking over covid!

Reactions: Getzy

·
Registered
2017 Viking EPS
66 Posts
I just checked to see how far Lost Trails Park is from me…..24 hour drive one way. Any Viking owners closer to Minnesota/North Dakota out there?
Hey Getzy - I live in MN just west of the Twin Cities. My ride time just came to a screechin halt as I got called back to my old job (got downsized at the end of May). Where are you located?

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
227 Posts
Hey Getzy - I live in MN just west of the Twin Cities. My ride time just came to a screechin halt as I got called back to my old job (got downsized at the end of May). Where are you located?
I live in North Central North Dakota, 15 miles from the Canadian border. We do have family by the cities though and I do my doctoring at the University.

·
Registered
2018 camo VI
227 Posts
I'm with you Getzy, I'd do it too, two days there, two days riding and two days back, get to see some awesome countryside and sights (not to mention the bars) along the way, what a week! Beats sitting at home sooking over covid!
Carpool!

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The wife and I drove out there twice in April and June for a couple of weddings in the Anoka area. Loved the drive once we got to WI! Total drive time was about 17 hrs for us.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

81 - 96 of 96 Posts