Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This all started when my grandfathers 91 ford areostar finally bit the dust. I pulled out the third row seat by grinding the bolt heads off. Going to be using new bolts and washers stainless steel of course. I've only got the seat out will be posting pic of the process.

Going to get it all bolted in and then I'll start on the roll cage (this is for the safety police). Then I'll get the seat reupholstered to something other than this blue.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I bought a rear seat out of a CJ a few months ago and just can't bring myself to drill holes in the bed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Are you going to provide roll over protection and seatbelts?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm really excited to see your progress with this. I think that seat will look pretty funny installed in the Viking. It certainly seems like it will be comfortable as well. Any worries? Are you pretty sure its gonna work?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm really excited to see your progress with this. I think that seat will look pretty funny installed in the Viking. It certainly seems like it will be comfortable as well. Any worries? Are you pretty sure its gonna work?

The only worry is the thin sheet metal floor. Like if two people are in the back and going up an incline will the bolts try to pull through.

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
The only worry is the thin sheet metal floor. Like if two people are in the back and going up an incline will the bolts try to pull through.
Yeah they probably will, you'd need to put plates underneath where the bolts go. Or ratchet strap the seat down to the frame somehow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the seat in and set where I want it to be just need to drill the holes and bolt it down. The neat thing is will sill lay flat in the bed.
ok amount of leg room and I'm 6'1"

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's awesome! I really like mine (2004 Chevy suburban leather third row seat). Makes for some fun cruising.

Reactions: Twistedcrawler1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice work!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good show, how did it hold up? What will you do for the roll bar?

It rides really well with 2 adults. To me it makes the rear shocks more mushy feeling which I like. Gone to take it to my local off road park and test it on some hills nothing to gnarly. Then I'll fab up a roll bar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts