Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey yall, new to the site! Bought a brand new viking on Friday and am a little worried because the motor has a pretty strong vibration, I have nvr owned anything like it before so don't know what it is and isn't supposed to do so I need to know if it's normal for them and if it isn't then what it could b causing it... The exhaust piping also glows bright orange after about 5 mins of idling so it's lean for whatever reason but I just feel like something might b wrong. Not been in the mud, water, or really done much of anything with it! Any help would b awesome thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im guessing you saying the vibration is at idle, yes this is normal it will get better over time. The exhaust is real lean thanks to all the emission rules now and days thats why its glowing. There are a few threads on here about it and how to prevent it. I havent heard of any having any major engine issues as of yet and I have put mine threw the ringer a time or two. Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Yeash as said the vibration will disappear, mine is almost gone at 500km. It's normal for the exhaust header to glow like that too, it is very thin metal and all of my Yamaha's that I've owned since 2000 have done the exact same thing, so nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
yep, all normal, dont worry about it, the Vibration well get much less with some miles on it, and the glowing normal too, ride, have fun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
as said its normal ...got to think you have a big bore single cylinder machine , twins have a little more balance to them .

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's normal and should reduce if not completely gone the more you ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts