Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a recent change in Missouri Law with regard to operating UTV's, or recreational offroad vehicles as Missouri calls them. You are now permitted to operate your UTV on the roadway within three miles of your primary residence. Your UTV must have a roll cage, must have seat belts and you have to wear it, you must have lighted head and tail lamps, you have to be a licensed driver, and you can only operate them during daylight hours.

I figured there might be some skeptics, so I have attached the link to the Missouri State Highway Patrol ATV Safety brochure. On page one in the lower left hand portion it covers UTV operations.

Notice the date on the lower right hand portion of the brochure 09/2013. I have made a laminated copy of the brochure and a laminated copy of a google earth map with a circle drawn to show the 3 mile radius from my home. Most law enforcement officers are not aware of this law, so you need to carry proof with you.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-448.pdf

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Wish Texas would do that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Let me ask this, is a Viking, or any side x side, for that matter, safer than a 2 wheeled motorcycle? Why is one of those street legal, and not a 4 wheeled sxs with a seat belt, and rollcage?

Reactions: Marcie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts