Viking Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
engine light came on code 37.

Code 37 is for the Idle Speed Control (ISC) unit, or other hardware depending on whether you can hear the ISC operating or not.

"Actuates and fully closes the ISC valve, then opens it to the standby
opening position when the engine is started.
This operation takes approximately 3 seconds until it is completed."

The operating sound can be heard when ISC valve operates.

So Code 37 can either be,

A. A component other than the ISC (idle speed control) unit is defective (if ISC operating sound is heard).

B. Defective ISC (idle speed control) unit (ISC operating sound is not heard).

So for A, code 37 and and diagnostic code No 54 if you can hear the ISC operating then it is the speed sensor causing the fault (diagnostic code no. 7).

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
I wouldn't run it until you get it looked at, if the middle gear comes loose you will crack your crankcase which will be an expensive repair.

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Got the Viking back yesterday. One of the bolts was backed out half way another a quarter other two were loose.

Very lucky!!! Good thing you got onto it early.

· Registered
4,156 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Last week I was running the Viking pretty hard on some paved roads. I first noticed that my speedo wouldn't work on deceleration but when I bumped the gas it would read correctly again. Then shortly after I heard a loud whine on deceleration, but the noise went away after I bumped the gas. So I took it home a slid the front differential for
ward so I could remove the drive shaft from the motor case under the middle seat. When I opened up the case one bolt was laying in the bottom and the other three were loose. So then I pulled the motor and took it down to James and he helped me get it torn down and back together. I caught it all just in time. But, man what a project!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts