Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Not that I'm aware of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well a little FYI.. I just got an email back from Marty with FTDcabs.com. I have their diamond plate roof on my ranger crew and it's awesome. He told me they are in the process of designing a diamond plate roof for the Viking 6 (I didn't ask about the 3 seater) and should have something in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well a little FYI.. I just got an email back from Marty with FTDcabs.com. I have their diamond plate roof on my ranger crew and it's awesome. He told me they are in the process of designing a diamond plate roof for the Viking 6 (I didn't ask about the 3 seater) and should have something in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
awesome, looking forward to hearing about an update.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you want a metal roof? What is out there that would penetrate the plastic roof?
Multiple reasons... I like to mount my electronics etc to the roof, and also like to stand on it from time to time for different reasons... mostly to hunt while there have been a few occasions that it was used for "bead" activity... haha

·
Super Moderator
4,797 Posts
Bead or Bed activity lol

Reactions: WhiteWind

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Bead or Bed activity lol
Hahaha i think he did mean bead to like get a rest for shootn somethin. But hey if ur bangin on the roof of ur buggie,, my hats off to ya and the chick thats in to it. Lol!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hahaha i think he did mean bead to like get a rest for shootn somethin. But hey if ur bangin on the roof of ur buggie,, my hats off to ya and the chick thats in to it. Lol!
Lol

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
if he did mean using it as a gun rest id say keep the plastic cuz a metal roof will dent and make the roof look like a golfball, especially with bipods ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, Ok... let's clarify. On my past sxs I sometimes will park in the brush while hog hunting and stand on my roof, or use a chair for an elevated platform. The FTD diamond plate roof I have on my 800 crew right now is really stout... also had an aluminum roof on my rhino that was reinforced and extremely strong... no dents (not even from stilletos)... and yes while visiting a mud park or two... it made a great platform to throw out some BEADS from... or in some cases allow a great elevated platform for certain someones to get up there and "earn" some beads... haha... this is all only alleged actions of course.. there is no proof and I'll only deny it should I be interrogated.

But the main reason I like metal, is that I mount all my speakers, electronics and switches to the underside of it. Right now the crew has 4 6x9s, a 10" sub, amp, head unit and 8 switch bank all mounted to the underside of the roof. I'm going to be selling my 800 crew after I get it back from getting a bunch of little items fixed up and have been going back and forth between the ranger 900 crew and the Viking 6.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
when you said beads that was the first thing that poppd in my head. then i thought surely that cant actually happen. so where do i sign up for that ride?? lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
and I just wanna meet the chicks in stilettos that get on ur roof.. better yet, I could probably manage to make u one if u introduce me to ur riding buddies !! hahahahaha,, your getting no help here I know lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha... I'm not going to win this one am I? LOL... I have to get out to test drive the Viking 6 before I make up my mind on which machine... as far as bead action goes... google ******* yacht club, FL (since Triple Canopy closed down).... or Highlifter Mudnationals TX...

·
Registered
854 Posts
haha... I'm not going to win this one am I? LOL... I have to get out to test drive the Viking 6 before I make up my mind on which machine... as far as bead action goes... google ******* yacht club, FL (since Triple Canopy closed down).... or Highlifter Mudnationals TX...
when you do...

keep us posted on how it went, always curious to know.

·
Super Moderator
4,797 Posts
Mrmojorisan you'll have to explain further, I don't get what beads are, I understand chicks on roofs (been there done that) but not the bead part sorry!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Mrmojorisan you'll have to explain further, I don't get what beads are, I understand chicks on roofs (been there done that) but not the bead part sorry!
plastic beaded necklaces. girls show ther boobs and they get a necklace (aka beads)....check out some videos on mardi gras

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hahahahahaha this thread is great... Explainin the bead thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,797 Posts
plastic beaded necklaces. girls show ther boobs and they get a necklace (aka beads)....check out some videos on mardi gras
Oh yeah that's awesome! I've seen the trees covered in beads under the chairlifts at Mammoth, and the bra trees as well, but this a much better idea hahaha

·
Super Moderator
4,797 Posts
Hahahahahaha this thread is great... Explainin the bead thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah now I'm switched on I'm starting a bead party ahahaha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts