Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A very quick ride report. Sorry no great actions shots, just some photos of what this area has to offer. I love living here in Verdi. Hundreds of miles of trails accessible from my house.

Today, Reno was to get up to 103 degrees. My brother and I decided for a quick trip to Hunter Lake/ Mt Rose wilderness area. The altitude there is 8000 feet. High enough to get some relief from the heat.

Starting up the mountain

Trail outside of Verdi, going up

[/IMG]
Still climbing, Reno in the background

Getting cooler, Radio relay station

Viking high over the desert

Shot of looking down the valley, starting to get way cooler

up to 8000 ft, weather real nice and cool!

Typical road conditions here

Mt Rose wilderness area, and Hunters valley

High Sierras in the background

Well that's about it, 35 miles, and many more to explore!

Stay tuned for more rider reports

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Awesome pics, thanks for posting, beautiful area there

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great pics. Looks like a fun place to ride. I bet the engine braking comes in handy on those steep inclines. Also I see you have a bed box and was wondering where you got it? I'm looking for one for trail riding to store stuff. Is it easily removed? I use My dump box when not trail riding.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Where did u get the red a arm guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Very nice, I live in Battle Mountain if you ever come out this way, one hill here is 9700 ft with a radar bubble on top

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Great pics. Looks like a fun place to ride. I bet the engine braking comes in handy on those steep inclines. Also I see you have a bed box and was wondering where you got it? I'm looking for one for trail riding to store stuff. Is it easily removed? I use My dump box when not trail riding.
The bed box is well worth it. I have it loaded with rescue jack, lift, spare oil/antifreeze, tools, shovel, etc. Gotta be prepared out here. It's removed by unscrewing four allen bolts, maybe a 5 minute job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts