Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured someone might be looking for ideas...Made a dash switch for winch and added some small led lights for inside. Now I have room for lights bars. Not sure if I like the chrome. Thinking I may paint it black

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That is very nice!!! My winch didnt come with a switch just the wired remote. But i did order a LED light bar rocker switch on eBay cause i didnt like the wired button that came with the kit. I plan on putting it on the left side of the steering wheel. Cant wait to get my Light bar in, and see how it does.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks... You can still add a hard switch using the wires to the plug for the wired remote. I'm looking on ebay now for light bars LOL. I want a small one facing back off the roof and a larger one facing forward. I added small LED lights on the roll bar for interior lights. Trying to get it ready for hunting season fast approaching.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. I think the Cree lights are the best choice for me too. Gotta watch the $$ still have windshield to make or buy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was worried about just putting the switch thru the plastic. On the other side is totally exposed to the elements. Bought a aluminum box from radio shack to hopefully keep the mud out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. I did take it apart today and wired up relay for lightbars that should be in this week. I had to paint it black, it matches better to me. I'll post some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thank you. I did take it apart today and wired up relay for lightbars that should be in this week. I had to paint it black, it matches better to me. I'll post some pics tomorrow
did you use real paint or was it plasti-dip? if no plasti-dip it would be cool to give it a try, even in a different color

·
Registered
520 Posts
i think it would look better black. its a bit distracting in chrome. and it might also reflect light and disturb your vision.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Awesome job!

the diamond plating is nice but when the sun is behind prepared to get blinded by the light reflection.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I like it better now that its black. I sanded the diamond plate and used satin black spray can Kinda dark pic. I actually flipped the diamond plate and went smooth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Very nicely done there!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you use real paint or was it plasti-dip? if no plasti-dip it would be cool to give it a try, even in a different color
Never thought of plastic dip. I thought about at home rhino line spray but was scared of sticking to aluminum. I know professionals mix in some type of binder to help it stick

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chances are as in all my vehicles I always can use switches, so I'll probably go with something like these.

waterproof switch panel | eBay
I've used those and are good. But mounting where I did they are open in the back and I didn't want the contact exposed to the underside. I tried to find racing switch boxes that are sealed but expensive. Radio shack has lots of project boxes that at cheap. Mine was under $5 I spent about $12 a switch that are two way and $10 for switch base they snap into.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2k14, did u look at the pics I put in the photo gallery? One has the winch switch to the left of the steering wheel. I plan to smear some silicone on the terminals and wires for moisture prevention. Also loaded the other pics of the Viking.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
2k14, did u look at the pics I put in the photo gallery? One has the winch switch to the left of the steering wheel. I plan to smear some silicone on the terminals and wires for moisture prevention. Also loaded the other pics of the Viking.

No, but I'll check now

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Wow, looks great!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts