Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone care to tell me their thoughts on putting the same size tire on the front and back? I'm talking about width. Has anyone done it? what size did you use? I don't have a lift on it but would like to run 27 inch

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its a very common practice....also look for a non directional tire so any tire can go on any spot. The Viking has great fender well clearance and accepts larger tires fairly easy compared to other UTV's

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have 12's on the rear and 9's on the front (wish the fronts were 10's) but the wider u go on the front the harder it will be to steer.. If u have eps, id keep em all the same, if not, id stagger em

Reactions: bullet1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you looked into lift kits yet?
I haven't looked into a lift kit. I use mine a lot around the farm and the lower the bed is the nicer it is to work out of. With that being said I am thinking of either making a small lift kit for the rear to level the machine out. The rear sags now after about 22 hours and I don't like the look. I am also toying with the idea of putting a spacer in the shocks to preload them some to try to level it.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i run 28x9/28x11 on aftermarket wheels, but yeah, you can run same width all around.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm running 27x12x12 all the way around, no problem with clearance even before 2" lift

·
Registered
137 Posts
I perfer to run the same width all around. ive ran 28x12x12 Mud lite's all 4, and now run 30x11x14 silverbacks on all 4.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Kj motorsports.. They are a company in New York and sell tires on eBay... I got 27x12x12rear and 27x9x12 swamp lites for 415 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VikingRyder

·
Registered
854 Posts
Kj motorsports.. They are a company in New York and sell tires on eBay... I got 27x12x12rear and 27x9x12 swamp lites for 415 shipped

I have heard great things about KJ Motorsports. What helps even more is seeing reviews people have left about them, which from what I've seen, seem great!

Also who has the best deal on tires? Looking to purchase some in the next few days

@Legendary_Magnum, If you're interested in the Gorilla Silverback's, KJ Motorsports has a set of 4 tires going for $807, down from $951 with free shipping on amazon

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm running 28x9-14/28x11-14 Mega Mayhems on mine with no lift and no rubbing. I'm running the skinnier tires in the front because the front end is not built as heavy as the rear end. Same way with my Grizzly, skinnies on the front and wider tires on the back. I'll put them in some nasty stuff ocassionally but am pretty easy on the gas. I would rather do a recovery and keep riding than bust something trying to make it tear out.

Reactions: kasja55

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
What the heck is wrong with Dealers? I was going down two paths to get ready for an ugly winter. Either get some decent 27" tires like Swamp Lites or Mud Lites, or simply throw some chains on my stock tires.

I was looking at getting 27x9x12s for the front and 27x12x12s for the rear. In either tire, I could get a full set shipped for under $450 which is a good deal.

My local Yamaha dealer said he could only get tires from MAXXIS and they would run me over $800 plus another $150 to mount them!!

Whaaaaaaaat??!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah, dealers are defiantly not the way to go on tires, I wanted taller tires on my mule 4010 and the Kawasaki's dealers price on the tires alone was more then tires and wheels package I got off of the internet and my Yamaha dealer charges 25 bucks to mount a tire

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What the heck is wrong with Dealers? I was going down two paths to get ready for an ugly winter. Either get some decent 27" tires like Swamp Lites or Mud Lites, or simply throw some chains on my stock tires.

I was looking at getting 27x9x12s for the front and 27x12x12s for the rear. In either tire, I could get a full set shipped for under $450 which is a good deal.

My local Yamaha dealer said he could only get tires from MAXXIS and they would run me over $800 plus another $150 to mount them!!

Whaaaaaaaat??!!!

That's why I can never buy stuff in my local stores around here.. and that goes for just about everything.... online is cheaper

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
yeah, dealers are defiantly not the way to go on tires, I wanted taller tires on my mule 4010 and the Kawasaki's dealers price on the tires alone was more then tires and wheels package I got off of the internet and my Yamaha dealer charges 25 bucks to mount a tire
I know what you mean. You can get a full set of Mud Lites on ITP SS rims with chrome valves and lugnuts for $770. This guy wanted over $800 just for tires!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts