Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Viking EPS
My fan decided to retire this past weekend... It let me make it to deer stand to check things after Hurricane Laura, and when I pulled up to stand, the temperature light came on and it spewed water from vent hose.... got it pulled to trailer and back home.... pulled off fan, did a bench test... no bueno...

I have talked to a friend who had this problem but went back with OEM... I don’t want to tackle removing another fan ... lol I want a fan that will withstand the test of time and elements...

Thanks in Advance..
Viking Poor

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have one from eBay, SPAL brand with alum shroud. It’s lasted longer than the stock one. Same brand Polaris and a few other pens use

Reactions: Viking Poor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one from eBay, SPAL brand with alum shroud. It’s lasted longer than the stock one. Same brand Polaris and a few other pens use
Did you have any troubles with it fitting or with blowing a fuse because of amp draw?

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Hunterworks sells one, no idea what it's like though.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
The Hunter fan puts out 200 more cfm than the stock fan and he recommends you upgrade your relay and fuse to handle the increase in current draw. The next time mine goes south I'm getting the Hunter unit, notice I said the next time, it is not if it's when.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bolts right up to the rad with no modification, I added a temp gauge and fan override switch at the same time but had no issues with fuses blowing. It doesn’t sound different than the stock fan so I imagine it’s about the same size motor

Reactions: Viking Poor
1 - 7 of 7 Posts