Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the local yamaha dealer today and they had a new 2015 Viking VI in camo there. Boy it looks a lot longer in person than in pictures. But I like the room it has. But I am sticking with my viking. Would almost never need that kind of seating. Was surprised they got one though so quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I wouldn't want one, if was into hauling a "crew" around, id get a Teryx or probally Can-am Commander Max 1000

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
True, i dont need one, im just saying if needed to haul more, i get something sporty like the Can-am or Kawi.

And thank you i know there 4 seaters, and the Viking is 6.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wouldn't want one, if was into hauling a "crew" around, id get a Teryx or probally Can-am Commander Max 1000
Quick question about the Can-Am's. On another Hunting site I frequent the comment was made that the UTV's didn't have true differential lock? Is that right?

·
Registered
312 Posts
If I needed to haul a 'crew', I would want one.

The ones you mentioned couldnt take 5 passengers, or even 4 passengers.
We have one of the Polaris 6 seater rigs at our deer camp. If its longer than that I'll have to pass as well. It's like trying to take a limousine through and obstacle course!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Quick question about the Can-Am's. On another Hunting site I frequent the comment was made that the UTV's didn't have true differential lock? Is that right?
If its got the same Visco-Lock as my Can-am Outlander atv, it should, some people like it, some dont, ive had no issues with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Yeah as 2K14 said they have Visco lock, which locks the front diff automatically only when one wheel starts to spin. They don't have a manually switched diff lock like the Viking.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow, what a barge. I think I would just get an old Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee if I had to drag 5 people around in the woods or farm:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I stopped and looked too.

The Viking6 was not as big a I thought it was going to be in person. It is big, but I was psyching myself up for a f-250 crew cab w/ 8' bed. I am, however, coming from a Gator 550 S4 users perspective.
I did notice how much shake there was in the sxs during idle. It did smooth out with RPM but wow that was a lot of shake! Speaking of RPM, there seemed to be a lot of travel in the accelerator before the engine responded. It moved an inch or more before the engine sped up. Is this normal or is it out of adjustment?
I didnt drive it, but the cab sure was comfy. I think it had power steering because it sure was easy to turn while sitting still...I didnt see an EPS sticker. The noise level was not any more laud than the Gater 550 S4s I have been around.
I wish I had about $15 Grand so I could get more experience with one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Viking VI

Got the new camo one Saturday. It is hard to turn in tight places. But fun to ride and plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrads to ya!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts